All reviews perfect location early morning sushi department store alpine route train station nice hotel rail elevator bedroom lobby desk floor luggage castle
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

the deco etc are a bit dated, a rennovation is needed. bed/ mattress and chairs are creaky and not too comfortable. other then that, perfect location, right outside of chitetsu toyama - great for going to the Kurobe George and Tateyama Kurobe apline route (provides service for transfer of luggage) and 2 min walk from JR Toyama. staff are friendly and speaks english. have coin laundry (use ur own laundry soap or purchase there). next to a small mall with supermarket, 100 yen shop and resturants. can be noisy if ur room faces the JR station, but great view outside.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2016

A basic hotel, but our room was clean and quite spacious, with everything we needed. As commented by other travellers, difficult to locate for non Japanese. We were actually taken there in person by a staff member from the tourist information office- those people are wonderful.
Our only problem, but a significant one, was the heating in the hotel. We weren't able to regulate it, it was either heating or nothing (in April- around 20 outside) and the window couldn't be opened. Lying awake at 3.00am, having thrown off all bedclothes, we ended up propping open the door to the corridor so we could have some air.
Not a good night before a 5.00am start for the Alpine route.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank impossible50
Reviewed March 6, 2016

Stayed one night because our previous Tokyoko Inn location was booked and cannot extend our stay. The location is unbeatable (it's basically INSIDE the Toyama Station), but the lobby and rooms are quite awkwardly placed inside the building, and because of the construction around the station (they were rebuilding the station for the extension of the Hokuriku Shinkansen) the entrance was difficult. The heating in the rooms were set too high, but the staff didn't do anything to that even after they've been told — they've fiddled a bit with it, but to no effect, so I just couldn't sleep very well. Rooms are smaller than in Toyoko Inn.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank andreyt59
Reviewed December 16, 2015

Stayed 3 nights here end of Nov 2015. Location is same as the Dentetsu Toyama train station where you can get train tickets to Tateyama Station (for the Alpine Route) or to Unazuki Onsen Station (for the Kurobe Gorge Railway)
As the train timings we took were really early (6 or 7am) we didnt have to rush as only took us couple of mins to get from hotel to the train platform.

The hotel is rather old so dont expect luxury here but it's clean and adequate for our stay. Its also right beside the JR Toyama Station and a shopping mall so easy to grab food and do some simple shopping at the supermarkets. The staff at hotel also dont really speak English so I had to use an online translator to get my request across to them.

WIFI is available in the rooms which is great.As with most Japan hotels, the rooms sizes can be pretty small so I will always opt for a TWIN bedded room as the room size is much bigger instead of a double bedded room even though we are a couple.
There's really not much to do in Toyama except for tourists heading to the Alpine Routes... if you have time or driving can head to Himi Fishing Port about 1.5hrs drive away from Toyama Station... nice place by the beach with lotsa wet market fish/seafood, fresh sushis etc...

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2015

I spent one night at Toyama Chitetsu Hotel. I was planning on taking an early morning Shinkansen back to Tokyo the next morning and wanted something close to Toyama Station. Well, you can't get much closer to Toyama Station than this hotel. Toyama Chitetsu Hotel is located directly next to Toyama Station. A 1 1/2 minute walk at most. It is technically located above Dentetsu Toyama Station that is most commonly known to tourists as the station that will take you towards the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route.

The hotel is a bit dated in decor but it still has that "old school charm" a la Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas. You can tell this hotel used to be upscale and modern at one point. The entry to this hotel is a bit difficult to find if you don't read Japanese (I do not). I knew where I had to go but once I got there I still had no idea where to enter because all signage is in Japanese. I examined the map of the area and I stood exactly where the hotel is on the map. I took a chance and entered through an automatic door and went to the 2nd floor where there happened to be a hotel lobby. Lucky me.
MANAGEMENT: A small plaque on the wall next to the automatic door with the hotel name in English would be extremely helpful!

The room itself is on the moderate to slightly larger side of a typical business hotel room. The hallway is a bit wider and the space between the bed and desk is ample. The furnishings are dated. The console attached to the bed looks like something ultra modern if we were still in the 80's complete with enclosed digital clock and radio dial with 5 pre set station's of static. The bed and pillows are just find and standard. My 6th floor view out of the window was of the tail end of Toyama Station housing the Hokuriku Shinkansen and a cityscape view with the snow covered mountains in the distance. I had an awesome sunrise view the next morning. I would request a high floor for a better view.

Overall, this hotel is in a great location with great access to Toyama and Dentetsu Toyama Station. Along with that comes the perks of being so close to a new station including: Omiyage shopping, local food choices and a Department store all within a one minute walk. The conbini seems far when you have to actually cross the street and walk a total of 2 1/2 minutes from the hotel elevator. The actual hotel might be slightly dated but everything is functional and comfortable. Also, for the price ($46 US Dollars) this is a no brainer. If you're looking for something more modern and shiny, there are about 10 other hotel options within a blocks distance but you won't get the size and character of this classic!

Room tip: Non smoking and a high floor is recommended
Date of stay: April 2015