See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2016

First of all, I made a silly mistake while booking the hotel, not knowing that there are indeed two "Route Inn"s in Toyama - Route Inn Toyama Ekimae and Route Inn Toyama Inter. My family and I arrived at the Ekimae hotel after a long day only to realise that my booking was with Route Inn Toyama Inter. Long story short, the staff at the check-inn counter handled it professionally, helping me to sort things out and we finally got our rooms in Ekimae, with just a small additional charge (since the available rooms were different from what I had initially booked). I was personally very impressed with the staff's level of professionalism - she could have just shooed me off and not gone the extra mile to help me sort things out! I simply can't commend her enough for that!
So moral of the story - always double-check your booking!
Now the hotel itself - it is well-situated, with just a mere 5-minute walk from Toyama train station and there are plenty of eating places nearby. The room size is average but clean and spotless, which was all we needed after a long day. The breakfast was good too, though with limited selections.
And on another note, the shop right next to the hotel (at the back-end) sells fresh and awesome sushi and sashimi! Do try it out!
I'll definitely recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2016

Room was extremely small. Lousy soft pillow. Bathroom was clean though. Typical hotel for the budget conscious. Nearby Toyama JR but make sure you know how to read Katakana otherwise you will have problem locating the hotel as it was not written in English.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Good points: near Toyama station. Good breakfast (Japanese and international - although the scarmbled eggs and sausages were a bit cold) Good coffee and tea.
Well equipped rooms - LAN connection, hair dryer, TV, tea-making, and a window that OPENS!! Compact bathroom, with EVERYTHING.
Free tea / coffee in the lobby.

Room for improvement: THIN walls. We could hear the man next door sneeze. Noisy hot water pipes. LONG flushing toilet. I suffer from a kind of claustrophobia - the room was VERY enclosed. The heating worked well, though.
Slow lift.
The staff seemed to have little concept of tourists' expectations, and were singularly UNready to handle any enquiries (even in Japanese)
Car parking charge: 780 yen overnight.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the lift, and with a view (you can hear the lift in room 503, two doors away)
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked this hotel because it is close to the station. It's a typical 'business' hotel. The rooms were small as expect and clean but in the bathrooms around the tub, the grout was mildewy. Staff were pleasant enough. Breakfast was decent.

Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Had to book this hotel as no other hotels near the Toyama JR was available. Room is super small, old and dated. The lobby is on the 2nd floor. Parking is available for a fee but car park is a short distance away. As it was raining, it was a little inconvenient. Basic Jap breakfast provided. PC at lobby and LAN in room. Basic hotel just to be near the JR station for the Alphine route tour.

Date of stay: September 2011