All reviews izu kogen the owner train station small ryokan japanese style izu peninsula i highly recommend this hotel public bath tea set local sites living space minutes walking distance great japanese breakfast super kind massage chair family run shared bathroom
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2019

Hinodeya is located in the beautiful quiet town of Izu Kogen along the Jogasaki Coast.
this royokan is a real find. The owners are great and so helpful. Picked us up at the train station and offered rides to local sights. The hotel is sparkling clean and beautifully appointed with traditional decor. The futon bedding on tatami mat was very comfy with a beautiful thick comforter to keep us totally warm. There is a wonderful onsen (hot spring) bath the soaking was so amazing. They even provide traditional yukata robes to wear. They also offer a menu of food choices for dinner. Also serve a great breakfast - we had the Japanese style breakfast - and they also offer a western style breakfast.
Although not much English is spoken it was no problem they understand what you need and very kindly make sure you are happy and comfortable. The town of Izu Kogen is small and country residential - it has plenty of restaurants and grocery stores, also a great desert shop right next door. The Jogasaki coast trail which Is famous and beautiful runs for 10K along the coast. It can be handled by both inexperienced and for a more challenging hike. I hiked about 4K which was plenty. the coast line is the result of a volcanic event 4000 years ago. This is a bit more of an out of the way location but well worth it for nature and a slower pace than the more heavily traveled locations in Japan.
We loved it. On a walk near by the hotel we came across an absolutely wonderful local coffee cafe with great food it!s called SeeThe Forest run by a delightful young man who was very nice and great to talk with. Ask for direction at the Hinodey royokan. We booked the hotel through Airbnb and it was easy with a really great price.

Room tip: All rooms seem to be excellent although the room in front has more traffic noise
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2019

Staff was very friendly, especially the owner who drove us back to the train station. The facilities came with all basic amenities and were kept very clean. I loved the baths. Despite it being shared between guests, I didn't encounter anyone, which was nice. The traditional Japanese breakfast blew me away - so tasty! Highly recommended if you're planning to stay in Izu-kogen.

Room tip: Pick a room that's not facing the roads unless you want to hear cars driving by at all hours of the day...
Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2019

Called for a room at 5pm from two stations over. Took the next train and 20 minutes later I was at Izu-Kogen and Tetsu-san was waiting for me. The room was very comfortable. Love soaking in the bath! Breakfast was good and filling. The next day Tetsu-san drove me the Mt Omuro. Couldn't ask for a better stay or host. Next time I want to stay longer and play the Japanese version of the Game of Life. Enjoyable stay in family run ryokan.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Wanderer814469
Reviewed February 16, 2019

家庭三人出游,事先没有预定,运气很好还有空房。
三天的住宿体验都非常棒,老板一家人很好,老奶奶很贴心。
房间有免费的羊羹,旅馆带温泉,早餐也是正统的日式早餐(可选,需额外付钱)。
临走当天老板主动接送我们去附近的大室山玩,帮了大忙了,自己搭车会很麻烦,非常好。
I strongly recommend this Japanese hotel. It's a excllent experience. The hotel owner is very kindness and the room is perfect.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

I stayed hinodeya 3 days.
I felt this place is great!
In here public bath is appear ,that is very very comfortable and warm.
And hinodeya in employees are kind.
If I visit Shizuoka someday,I will visit here exactly