All reviews private bath traditional japanese meals mackerel adjust the temperature open air balcony kaiseki taxi dinner futon station ryokan onsen shampoo pacific yukata sea
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

I took a lot of pictures here. Because I love Kazekomichi so much. You can easily find the staff right outside of Atami Station. It takes about 10 minutes to hotel. You can see the whole town and sea directly from your private pool. From day to night, the scenery is different. Dinner is so great. Known as 怀石料理, the dinner lasts 2 hours. You can drink and enjoy the food. It must be a memorable staying.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

I was looking for an accommodation with a view of a seascape town and found Wa-tei Kazekomichi. The view from my room was exactly what I was looking for (the sea, the town, vegetation, and blooming cherry blossom as a bonus). The neighbourhood was very nice and quiet (houses and gardens on the hilly area).

They gave snacks and tea on arrival as many ryokan would. They set my futon while I was having dinner in the restaurant, and left a pudding (cream caramel) in the fridge as a bed time treat (just like the night turndown service that you normally get from many luxury hotels). Not all luxury ryokan would give you night time snack, so it was a very nice gesture of Wa-tei.

The dinner and breakfast were both good. Perhaps I was too used to kaiseki dinners that the food at Wa-tei could not impress me as it did for many other foreigners.

What I like about this place was the privacy that I had. Even though dinner and breakfast were served in the restaurant, they had private dining booths, so that you would not see other guests (you can still hear them though).

They only have outdoor shower in my room. It was lucky that I stayed there on a warm day, so outdoor shower was great. They have indoor bath that you can book as well, but I prefer my own tub on the balcony.

I took the taxi to Wa-tei from Kinomiya station. When I checked out, they paid for my taxi to Atami station, because their shuttle service was being used by another group of guests. This really impressed me.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Spent an incredible 20 hours or so in this ryokan. Had an unforgettable experience. Watching the sunrise from our private bath on our balcony was a highlight. The room was spacious and comfortable. A truly special place.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2017

For those who want to relax and chill out. Superb several onses, good traditional food, clean rooms and personal touch. Suggest to anyone who love SPA-type of hotels (with Japanese touch). There is little bit difficult to find righ places at first because house is situated in different levels, but there is a map in every room.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

We were greeted by the hotel shuttle & taken to our hotel. Traditional outfits were provided to wear around the hotel & out if required. Our hot spring hot tub was a real luxury & everything you needed was provided by the hotel, from soap, shampoo, combs, etc.... You don't need to pack anything, everything is provided.

The food is typically Japanese style & delightful, from Breakfasts to dinners.

The staff are very polite & helpful. They speak good English & are able to offer advice on sites around.

Beware, there's nothing close by to go for food or drinks. But if you want to chill out this is the place.

Date of stay: July 2017