All reviews excellent view ocean view top floor onsen area the sun rise wine list spacious rooms open air bath western style men taxi japan sofa dinner station ryokan
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as family trip with 2 yers old child, access is not bad, easily accessible through bus and taxi from Atami station.
Hotel is located opposite to the beach in Atami and the our room view was ocean view.
Room was very spacious, had 4 beds, big bath and shower, separate toilets with washlets (very normal in Japan).
Check- in was quick and we were escorted to our room by hotel staff.
Lobby is small but adequate, they have a French restaurant and a lounge in lobby.
The rates are not cheap but the room size and amenities are also nice.
Staff was pleasant and helpful. English was not so good but they tried to help.
Breakfast is 7 am till 9:30 am. We were offered juice shots on table and order for tea and coffee Taken and served at table.
They had some Japanese and western hot breakfast options and cold salads, 4 fruits some desserts and selection of bread were available.
4 juices milk and green tea was also on buffet.
Only down side was :
They charged extra for my 2 years old child, I don’t mind paying but since there were limited options for 2 years old I felt not good value for money, but they did prepare a gratin style dish on request.
Hotel staff also arranged taxi quickly for us.
Location is close to Atami Ginza which is host to various shops and restaurants, also just across the street is Jonathan family restaurant which also serves breakfast and other meals at reasonable prices.
Overall great stay and don’t mind to return and recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

This is a relatively expensive onsen hotel. Some previous reviews were misleading. The breakfast was actually very good. Dinner is Japanese French which also turned out to be good. This is no ryokan. It is a hotel with onsen, which is not as good as some reviews made it out to be, at least on the men side. For a hotel charging this rate, the room is just about average. There are many restaurants nearby contrary to some reviews. So one good way to cut spending is not to include dinner at the hotel. All in all, average accommodation with good food.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2018

Apart from the ocean view from the onsen, I could hardly find any good points for this hotel. check in was so slow, wait and wait; the hotel charged you for very small child, but child had to sleep with adults on the same bed; the room was not leveled, so easy to have accidents; breakfast was a shame, not much to eat, again charged for very small child, but no food or plates for child; you have to carry your own towel from your room to the onsen; TV was not working; check out was very slow again; during I checkout, two guys were fighting in he lobby with very rude language, never seen this before in Japan, the staff was not come out to help these two poor guys. I had to ask my wife to take my child outside. the hotel is probably 1.5km from the station in a very deep sloop, but there are no pick-up to/from the station,however I could see other hotels do have; very disappointed with the hotel, there are no wifi in your rooms either.

Room tip: choose a different hotel, but not this one.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Will H
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Stayed only one night, but enjoyed Onsen two times, once in the evening and the other in the morning. It is very common in Japan that Obasan (a lady with working clothes) comes into Men's onsen area and start cleaning that I experienced nearly at 11am. It was my fault because Onsen will be closed at 11am and I should get out from the area but I was still enjoying onsen with whole naked style, all of a sudden Obasan came in and start cleaning the area. I stayed at 6th floor but my mother stayed at 10th floor and the ocean view was of course excellent in high floors with a little bit of extra costs. I think this is a three or four star hotel, but when we checked in a girl escorted us to the room and asked us to sit on the sofa. She starts explaining Hotel facilities and so on. We are not so called repeaters or executives but feeling good while she was explaining things with a smile. Obviously she was not Japanese national but speaking Keigo perfectly. Dinner is casual French, taste good and we felt full after the dinner. Wine list did not have much of a choice. Breakfast is buffet style, most of them are western style and well made. Parking area is behind the hotel, we parked there free of charge. Those who are always connected people, please be aware that there is absolutely NO internet connection in room. Internet WiFi is available in the lobby but the speed is very slow. I recommend you to equip with Internet Router or Data SIM card if you do not want to be unplugged. Overall experience was very good for me.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2018

Hard to get there. Booked the wrong date, agreed to re-accomodate to a sibling hotel, which believed to be under the same parent company. They never mention there will be another charge until we go all the way there and check-in. 30000 yen to start, ok, fine we will pay. Then when they print the bill, it's 30000*2=60000 yen=600USD.... Feel very much being tricked or deceived during the whole process (if I'm not lost in translation)....

Date of stay: February 2018