All reviewsair conditioningwalking distanceminute walkdecent sizejunior suiteihg grouptrain stationbath powdercentral locationsausagejapanese foodricefront desk staffgreat viewmcdonaldsisetancp
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

I was on a road trip with friends for a few days visiting different Sake breweries before arriving Niigata. We have piled on a lot of gifts along the trip in the car. The staff was extremely helpful in getting everything off the car and transport them to our room. The reception staff are extremely polite and helpful. The rooms have great View of the harbor, full of amenities with very comfortable beddings.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
anacpngt001, Room Reservation at ANA Crowne Plaza Niigata, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate to accept the hotel review from you.
Niigata is famouse for rice and Sake so you're on the very good trip. We're happy if you like Sake in Niigata.
We're really happy to hear that you're staying comfortable. We're looking forward to seeing you next time, and then please enjoy "Niigata" at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel when you come to Niigata again.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a couple nights with family. Superior twin rooms were decent size, certainly recommend over standard twin. Our rate included breakfast which is excellent, can enjoy traditional Japanese or Western breakfast. Lots and lots of choices, including omelet chef. Location is great, as it's close walking distance to the main shopping area (Loft, Isetan), Niigata Station, and the many local restaurants between the station and the hotel. Much better than staying across the river, where that part of the city has lost much of its vibrancy over the years. Service is outstanding. Rooms are a little dated, still using retro center console between the beds for air conditioning and lighting, and it didn't seem like we could change the temperature, just the velocity. Still a good choice though.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
anacpngt001, Room Reservations at ANA Crowne Plaza Niigata, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and review from you.
We are really happy that you like the breakfast.
On the facility such as air conditioning during the stay, we apologize fro in convenience.
We are aiming for betr hotel service and will continue to improve, so we hope you will be able to stay in ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Niigata when you come to Niigata again.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

Was trying to book a hotel in Nagaoka for the fireworks but unsuccessful!
As I am a platinum IHG member, I decided to give this hotel a try.
IHG hotel can not be bad, especially in Japan.

The walking distance from JR Niigata station is not far at all. About 5 min for me.
I was thinking of getting a hotel near the station. I am glad that I chose this hotel finally.

The hotel is just next to shopping areas with Isetan, Loft and etc.
There is a Mac Donald and 2 convenient store nearby.
Oh, the famous sushi restaurant Benke at Pier Bandai is just less than 10min walk from the hotel. That was also one reason I chose this hotel. Benke sushi is a must if you visit Niigata city.

On the hotel itself, the property is well maintained in my view. Very friendly staffs like
Shimada Chihiro san, who provided me on various information on the location of stores / restaurant etc.
The front desk staffs was friendly and checking in was fast.
There was one day I left the room with the Key still inside the room and I used the phone on the floor to ask for help. The front desk sent someone to my floor in less than 1 min. As a platinum member, I was allowed to do late checkout to suit my JR train timing.

The staffs took great Pride and Passion in serving us!
Will certainly stay here again if I happen to be in Niigata again.

I always like hotels close to JR train station and this hotel is location close enough.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Guan T
anacpngt001, Room Reservation at ANA Crowne Plaza Niigata, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Thank you for staying with us at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Niigata and we are pleased to see your review about the staying.
We're so happy that Niigata is favorite for you and you feel that you wants to stay here again. Benke is also your favorite so that's my preasure. Benke is very famous in Niigata for ourselves too. If you like rice, please try ro eat breakfast at our hotel when you welcome back to Niigata. Breakfast is one of the service our pride and joy. It has some Niigata local foods, especially tasting three kinds of Niigata rice "Koshihikari" to make comparisons. Of cource, we also have Westene-style breakfast dish.
There are many good taste foods and SAKE because it's famoue for rice in Niigata. Please come to Niigata next time to eat grate dish. We will introduce some restaurants like more favorite than you eat. We'are looking forward to seeing you again at the ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Niigata.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Booked our room through a third party website for a really good price, didn't really look the hotel up too much before; first of all, it's massive. Big building with a lot of rooms.

The room itself was much, much better than expected. It was big and the bed was big as well and also very comfortable. I expected a slightly bigger room than in a buisness hotel, but this was much better. Bathroom also had a decent size and since it's Niigata you can get a really good price for the room. It's walkable from the train station (10 minutes) or 3 minutes by taxi. Both are good options. Waterfront is quite near, another 10 minute walk.

Can only recommend this one if you stay in Niigata. And one of the better Crowne Plaza's I've stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
anacpngt001, Room Reservations at ANA Crowne Plaza Niigata, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and a review about your staying in our hotel.
We are really happy to hear from you that you are satisfied with our hotel.
We also glad if you feel that Niigata is favorite for you and spent precious time.
There are many delicious food in Niigata such as rice, Japanese SAKE and seafood. If you like these foods, please come again to Niigata expecting great meal. We have any restaurants in our hotel and also we introduce good restaurant outside to you.
We are looking forward to seeing you in near the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2016

Slight far from the railway station, but reasonably quiet, very nice view to the channel and the port. Service is very very nice, food are great too. Room are large and comfortable, Lovvveee ANA-Crowne bed! they are so comfy

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank James C
anacpngt001, Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Niigata, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2016

Thank you for staying, with us. We really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and also repeat to choose our hotel. We look forward to see you again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,