“A local favorite”

Bosco's Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 79 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This long-time, family operated restaurant provides good food. Calzones are big and yummy. Pizza is great and the sausage is homemade, great pasta fagiole. One of my faves... Angel hair with aioli, anchovies and broccoli.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Seated right away, it didn't seem to busy. Small clean dining area. The bartender sat us and took our drink order, and that's where the speedy service ended. Our waitress didn't come for a while to take our order. We first were served soup, then it had to of been 25 minutes before we got our salads. The waitress didn't even pay attention to which one she placed, switching the dressings. Then another 25 minutes went by before we got out meal. We had to ask for bread and actually take our beverage glasses up to the bar for refills. Other tables that had arrived much later recieved bread without asking, and the salads seemed to arrive right after ours. The food was excellent. The portion size was huge. I will not return due o the service. I can understand busy nights, but this restuarnt was near empty when we arrived.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Not an honest place. Food might be good but do not let the owner advertise. He ripped me off for my commissions years ago. My visit was back in 2005. I will never go near that place ever again.Never have I BEEN SO INSULTED AND LIED TO ABOUT "WHO" WAS IN CHARGE OF ADVERTISING! But it was blamed on me and a girl that worked there! So buddy...no $$ for you ever from my family! Ever!

1  Thank George P
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This place has been in business forever - and yes, it could use some updating/renovation - BUT, you will not find a better calzone ANYWHERE! Not a bad bang for your buck, either!

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We've only had pizza and calzones lately and everything was very good. Calzones are huge and pizza is very good. If your looking for a place in Amsterdam to sit and enjoy a pizza this is as good as it gets in Amsterdam.