“BEST CALZONES ANYWHERE”

Bosco's Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 78 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This place has been in business forever - and yes, it could use some updating/renovation - BUT, you will not find a better calzone ANYWHERE! Not a bad bang for your buck, either!

There are newer reviews for Bosco's Restaurant

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We've only had pizza and calzones lately and everything was very good. Calzones are huge and pizza is very good. If your looking for a place in Amsterdam to sit and enjoy a pizza this is as good as it gets in Amsterdam.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stumbled across this restaurant while visiting Amsterdam and looking for something close to our hotel but not "touristy". It was quite busy and seemed to be mostly locals, the menu changes daily depending on what is available, so everything is very fresh and very delicious. They usually have a selection of four different starters and a choice of four different mains (with vegetarian options), and then a set menu of various snacks and deserts. Good wine and beer selection, a great location, lots of outdoor seating, and indoor seating is very bright and airy so you don't mind sitting indoors on a beautiful evening when all the outside tables are full. The staff are very friendly and helpful (looking up translations to give a thorough description of the specials!), the portions are large, and very reasonably priced! Delicious!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I always love the calzones the other reviewer was right the neighborhood isn't that good but the food does make up for it service is pretty good the only regret that I have is that the food take so long to come up I usually spend 100 bucks at the bar buy the time I get my food but they're calzone is so good and so big I absolutely love it and so does everyone else that I've ever taken there friendly patrons in the place too

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Bosco's is always good. We love to go and get the calzones whenever we're visiting family here. The restaurant could definitely use some updating (better air conditioning, parking and bathrooms) soon before it becomes a bit too "rustic" for my tastes.
The service is always good and the waitresses are always sweet. The only complaint with food is that the soda is always terrible, I'm not sure why, but it's never good.