“very good dining experience”
Review of Valentino's

Valentino's
Ranked #33 of 79 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Seven of us arrived at 1:00 on Sunday. All had different dishs: fresh salmon al a Berse, trout almonndine, veal parm, seafood carbonera, broiled sea scallop, fettuccini alfredo with scallops and tortellini alfredo. We also had fried calamiri, heart of artichoke and crab cakes as appetizers as well as assorted wines and beer. The meals came with a nice crudite, pepper biscuits, warm homemade bread, spaghetti with sauce, a savory vegetable side and a sweet waitress. All seven of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The portions were generous, the flow of the meal was well paced and no one needed to ask for anything. The ages of our party ranged from 60 to 95. ( Three of us are very accomplished cooks and all of us are "foodies" who are not shy about speaking up if something is not right.) The tab came to $200.00 which works out to $28.57 each which we considered to be quite reasonable for delicious food and a lovely dining experience.

1  Thank MMMAmsterdam

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have seen this restaurant from the hightway below for years and always wondered how you would get there. When looking for a place to eat, it popped up on my GPS so I could finally figure out what backroad led to this restarant.

My whole family found that the food was great at this restaruant but no one was there! This was a friday night and one other couple came in as we were just about finished. They defininetly need some marketing help.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great gentle owners; very accomoding; great meat sauce--sugo.

1  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We purchased a Restaurant.com $25 certificate for this restaurant and were looking forward to dining there. However, when we showed it to the owner she said it was only good for April. Nowhere did it say that. She refused very impolitely to honor it. My husband refused to eat there on principle. As we were going to a Tchaikovsky Concert at Saratoga Springs (40 minutes away) we didn't have much time to find another restaurant. We ended up at a Greek diner, which was good.

However, when we returned home and I called Restaurant.com to complain. I was told that this restaurant was still active with them!!!!!!!! I feel we were cheated and would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.

2  Thank kitri
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Great food.....wonderful atmosphere! Loved the homemade bread!