“Nice little place”

Cuisines: American
Description: Phone number 518-842-9922
Description: Phone number 518-842-9922
Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

We almost missed this place. The hotel lady said it was a half mile so we were looking for a place to turn around. Don't you know we turned into the parking for South 30. And we were glad we did.
We were greeted right away and not stares at for not being a local. Got my coffee right away. The food was amazing. Home cooked. Homemade sausage. And I think homemade bread--at least my whole wheat toast looked like it. The waitress was very friendly.

Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

Stopped by for coffee and ended up having blueberry pie which was delicious. This diner is well worth a visit and only a few minutes off the interstate.

Reviewed September 18, 2016

We stopped here kind of by accident. It was a small place on the side of the road not really near anything. We took a chance since there was no one in the parking lot when we arrived. It turned out to be a very friendly place with good lunch and very friendly down to earth staff. The service was very quick and the food was good. The price is also very good. We enjoyed our lunch there. The sausage was pretty good.

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

It is casual. Different coffee mugs like they're coming out of the back of the cabinet as though you have too many relatives over for the holidays. The service is casual in their delivery like you are sitting at their kitchen table.

The food... seriously down home cooking. There is no fluff, no trying to appease the travelers driving on the through way from the city, just good country cooking. I had the biscuits and gravy and although not a southern thick gravy like I remember from growing up in the south, it held its own and filled me up before a long day in Cooperstown for Hall of Fame weekend. My friend let me try their ham and WOW it was Sooooooooo good.

The stuffed french toasts are seriously the winners at this restaurant. I loved my biscuits and gravy but know what I will be having if I return, hands down. I snuck small bites of my friends peanut butter and fluff stuffed french toast when he wasn't looking.

The main server (I refer to her now as "Mama") was humming and singing and almost dancing around the fully packed room. It was almost like if Disney were to create a character who was a sassy, seasoned, diner owner with a big heart, I'm pretty sure they would use her as inspiration.

Thanks for the wonderful meal, welcome, and warm wishes as we left. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

The best down home fresh made sausage I have ever tasted. Country home atmosphere where the owner makes you feel invited. Stuffed french toast was delightful. We will be back whenever we travel this way again.