“Consistently good.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Consistently good.”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Much of my prior review from last February remains accurate, especially with regard to food quality and quantity, and excellent value. Friendly wait staff, although the new waiter this year had to retreat to the kitchen occasionally for information about the menu items. Dining room was a bit chilly, we could have asked about raising the temperature but didn't. Also, no decaf coffee after dinner, unfortunately. Beer selection continues to be poor (and I'm speaking of bottled (relatively) local brews. We'll be back!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank xml167

Albany, New York
“Pleasant and quiet dinner”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

we made a reservation on a recommendation to have a birthday celebration with local family. Had an excellent time. Wait staff was prepared, engaging and prompt. Appetizers were plentiful fresh and tasty. My wife and I both had a Tuscan inspired chicken dish that was great. olives and artichokes and plentiful.

easy to find right on route 30. Only two drawbacks. The parking lot is confusing to park in and, although the wine menu is very nice, the beer selections are very limited. If you are headed to the Adirondacks or are in that part of New York state I would definitely recommend stopping for dinner. Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank jelmwood
Albany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I pleasant place an unexpected gem”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We made the reservation to have a birthday dinner with relatives in the area. The wait staff was wonderful the appetizers excellent and a Tuscan inspired chicken dish I had was excellent. Too large a portion (and that is saying something for me). So glad we followed a recommendation to go there. Only 2 down sides was the parking lot was disorganized and difficult to park and while the wine selection was excellent, the beer selection was extremely limited. If you are headed to the Adirondacks or in that part of NYS, it is easy to find right on a main thoroughfare. Check it out.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank jelmwwod
New York City, New York
“Well prepared Italian fare, large portions”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I went into the restaurant expecting "not much", having been spoiled by some of the better Italian restaurants in major metro areas. I was very pleasantly surprised! The food was well prepared, fresh and done right. The salad was fresh, and the roasted peppers/fress mozzarella quite tasty. Clams in white sauce were beautifully done, with mounds of fresh clams in the shell, pasta just right and a flavorful sauce that wasn't too heavy on oil. My wife's haddock piccata was also excellent. The portions were so large that we skipped dessert. Service was attentive. I'll be back there. (No beer on tap, at least that night)

• Visited February 2011