“Good, clean, basic hotel for an overnight stay.”
Review of Super 8 Amsterdam

Super 8 Amsterdam
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I spent a Saturday night (August 2013) at this Super 8 as husband had a motorcycle race nearby on the following Sunday morning. For longer trips and vacations I would normally choose a hotel with more amenities, but as this was just a quick over night trip, wasn't concerned about that. We arrived Sat. afternoon to a hassle-free check-in (had a reservation). We asked the clerk if there was a movie theater nearby, and she gave us accurate directions to it, as well as being spot on with the distance to the theater from the hotel. While checking in, the desk clerk got a phone call obviously from a perspective customer, because we heard her say "We're down to two available rooms" to the person on the other end. Right then we knew the hotel was going to be full and possibly noisy. Upon entering our room, we were pleasantly surprised to find a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and safe in the room. Fridge came in very handy because we had brought bottled water, Gatorade, etc. for the motorcycle race, along with grapes to snack on. The room was very clean, bathroom spotless. My only concern was that our room faced a highway several yards off--thought that would make for a lot of noise. But after dinner out and a movie, we returned, switched on the fan on the heating/cooling unit and that completely drowned out any highway noise. Also, in spite of the hotel being packed that night, never heard a noise while sleeping other than a door or two closing late at night. We did not take advantage of the continental breakfast Sunday morning--ate at a diner instead, so can't speak to that. Overall, a nice pleasant stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Really great for the price. Things I would suggest- upgrade the TV's from CRT to flatscreen/wide screen (can do it slowly- maybe a few a month or so). Hotel was about packed about every night we stayed there yet was pretty calm and quiet. Maybe upgrade the breakfast a bit - juice machine was broke while we were there but it was being worked on the day we left. and no eggs / meat or anything like that - would not take much to do this, especially if 100+ people are staying there every night (which appeared to be the case the 4 nights we were there- you cannot just take in money and not spend anything at all on improvements)

Room Tip: Best in this area for a hotel I do believe!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Super 8 was just okay! Friendly staff and good service if needed. Overall property is in okay condition but in definite need of some updating inside and in the rooms. Very old style and too small refrigerator. Older style TV as well. Room was clean. Bed okay but mattress felt a bit too soft. Comforter and blanket on bed could be a better as in material wise. No extra blankets, ironing board, or iron in room. No closet or such either.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2013

i normally stay in the Albany area but needed to work west of Albany and thought I would try the Super 8. i missed the fresh smell of smoke free hotels so it was noticeable that the Super 8 welcomes smokers. The room was fine for a regular traveler but as a businessman, I would have liked seeing the desk facing the TV so I can work on my laptop and watch TV. Red Roof has incorporated their business king to fit this need. The TV channels were better than average and the Air Conditioner was very powerful (and welcome). I could hear walking upstairs of my room which was a little annoying since the upstairs guest was pacing back and forth, I would choose an upstairs room if I stayed here again. The breakfast area had a waffle maker and cereals which is all i need. The Wifi really impressed me with its fast download speeds which functioned better than most Marriotts and Holiday Inn..Overall not a bad value for the price if you need a place to sleep with low frills.

Room Tip: Chooses an upstairs room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I must admit the room was clean and the staff very curteous at the super motel 8 in Amdterdam NY. My family enjoyed the continental breakfast which i must saythe waffles were pretty good. The place was quite and we all had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amsterdam
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown
#1 of 1 in Schoharie
Knights Inn Amsterdam
Knights Inn Amsterdam
#2 of 2 in Amsterdam

Been to Super 8 Amsterdam? Share your experiences!