“My first soba experience”
Review of Miyota Matsumoto

Miyota Matsumoto
Ranked #8 of 1,948 Restaurants in Matsumoto
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

I had my first soba experience in that restaurant. It was OK for me and nothing special, but maybe soba is not my thing and this restaurant is the best soba restaurant of the city. The location was nice and clean but a little bit hidden.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

This place was easy enough to find down the alley across from the post office and met all my expectations for a good meal of Soba while in Matsumoto. We had to wait for a table at lunch time mid week which is not necessarily a bad thing. Rewarded with refreshing and well presented meals.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

Was really surprised to read the middling reviews so far -- my wife and I found this to be a great soba place. You could see into right where the soba was being made, and the cold soba with tempura was great for lunch on a hot day.

For what it's worth, there was a line of locals waiting outside right before each day's opening for lunch, and on one evening we would have had to wait an hour for a table for dinner, so it's certainly popular enough, it seems.

Reviewed May 26, 2016

I spent quite some time looking for this restaurant. It was hidden in the building next to Toyoko Inn. Tried the soba in soup, with mountain vegetables and mushrooms. All I can say is I should have ordered the cold soba with tempura.It would have been a better and safer bet.

Reviewed April 21, 2016 via mobile

We were family of 4 , had to wait a bit as it was full.
We were having the traditional soba dumplings and the hot soba meal.
Waitress was lovely and recommended the right choices.
Food and atomosphere were great!