“Great ryokan in Matsumoto.”
Review of Marumo Ryokan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Matsumoto
Marumo Ryokan
Ranked #20 of 185 Hotels / Ryokan in Matsumoto
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great ryokan in Matsumoto.”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights in this GREAT ryokan in Matsumoto.
First, is easy to walk there from train and bus stations, and the location is just great, central and on the side of the beautiful river, just i the middle of the main turistic locations.
The house seems old but perfectly well mantained, in wood, rice paper and so on.
It gives a sense of old Japan, the atmosphear is peaceful, charming and relaxing.
It is a 2 stories building, that is divided in a coffee shop and guesthouse. On the first floor there is a big traditional entrance, the breakfast room, the toilets, the bathroom, the kitchen (only for staff) and a beautiful little zen garden. And coffee shop on the other side of building.
On the upper floor there are guests rooms and more toilets.
Not only the place is really beautiful and ispiring, the people are also extremely nice, attentive and warm. The old grandma that provides optional breakfast every morning is such a nice person. The owner helped me to repair my shoe that was broken. All the staff was always happily trying to help and everyone was extremely nice. They went out of their way to give me any kind of information, showing me books, tablets and maps of very specific things I asked.
The room was SPACIOUS and beautiful. Spotless clean, everyday I had a tea set ready for me with a cookie, it had large japanese windows and the futon was confy and warm. It has nice decoration and it's provided with wifi internet, tv, locker, yukata, toothbrush and everything.
The large and perfectly equipped common bathtub is very nice too, tough a bit too hot sometimes :)
All the guesthouse is maintained perfectly clean through all day and night. I went around the guesthouse at any hour and I never found anything less than perfect.
Guests are mostly japanese and the sleep quality is great, no noises through all day.
The breakfast of old grandma is simply amazing, cheap but complete and delicious and I warmly suggest booking it.
I have travelled in Japan many times, still I have no words to say to describe how convenient and nice this ryokan was!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank AiRuoYan

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
san francisco
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Had a very restful stay at this small ryokan. This was our first stay in a ryokan and it was great. Our mats were laid out for us, the shower room was really nice (though we didn't use the common bath), and the breakfast was one of the best of the trip. Really nice couple running the place. Very little English spoken but it didn't matter because we pointed and smiled. Great location and walkable from the train station. Good value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple