“One of the best Asian meals I've had anywhere!”
Review of Spice Box

Spice Box
Ranked #15 of 3,105 Restaurants in Kanazawa
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Curry and Indian Tapas. Authentic Indian and Sri Lankan cuisine.
Description: Curry and Indian Tapas. Authentic Indian and Sri Lankan cuisine.
Colchester, United Kingdom
“One of the best Asian meals I've had anywhere!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We are vegetarians - so Japan can be a bit tough! We were taken to the Spice Box by somebody who has been living in Kanazawa - I'm sure we wouldn't have found it by ourselves.

Getting vegetarian dishes was absolutely no problem here, the waiter was very helpful and understanding. We all enjoyed the superbly tasty food and it made a pleasant change to get Asian food that wasn't swimming in ghee. The portions were quite generous for Japan and went down nicely with a glass of umeshu (Japanese plum wine).

I wish I could go to this restaurant again.....

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank KCS053

Ensch, Germany
“Great Indian food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

These 2 Sri Lankan guys make some of the best Indian food I've ever tasted all over the world.
They make everything fresh in front of you (like most local restaurants) and it tastes wonderfull. This is my number 1 place to go eat when I'm in Kanazawa.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank DolfDenkens
Japan
“Best curry in town!”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Excellent Sri Lankan and Indian curries! Tapas style dishes are ¥300 , main curries ¥800 and naan from ¥200. As they use charcoal in the oven the tandoori dishes are superb! All curries are made fresh to order and there are plenty of vegetarian options (mutton dishes are available upon request too). A must visit if you are a fan of Indian food.

Visited April 2012