“True delight”

Ranked #40 of 100 Hotels / Ryokan in Kanazawa
Amarillo
“True delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Hotel was nice and comfortable. Similar to many others. Breakfast was buffet, could have done without but enjoyed the time and view from top floor. The staff however made the stay. First off, I was on half business half pleasure, so my bag was heavy. After I paid the taxi I found the bell girl struggling with my bag in the trunk. My bag took that moment to malfunction (spring on handle), she could not apologize enough. We both smiled on sight the rest of my stay. Later that night had drinks in bar, again pleasant staff, good view.

Next evening I had a restaurant I wanted to try near the hotel. I looked for it but, well I seem never to find what I am looking for in Japan, so. . . . When I found myself back at the hotel from trying I decided to just take a taxi. I checked with the front desk as to the address and was told it was so close I should walk. One of the desk clerks felt it might be hard for me to find and offered, no insisted to show me the way. And so he did, walking me the five minutes or so to the restaurant. The city was nice, the stay memorable!

Room Tip: I did not use the pool or fitness center but this sight is making my chose. Did ask for a room with...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank sailrwes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Traveled on a packaged tour, 6 of us, but stayed in a room for single as only 2 twin rooms are available. The room is quaint with antique looking furniture, furniture that serves its purpose, on the whole, it was a pleasant experience though the room is narrow and long. The room is clean, comes with clean sheets and nice floral print blanket, so very Japanese. All toiletries are available in the clean bathroom. The hotel is near to stores and small restaurants serving Japanese and Western food. Had a good night's rest on a comfortable bed between clean sheets and nice floral print blanket. Breakfast was also good, eat all you can to start a wonderful day. Would not ask for more, fully satisfied.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jenniferkwan
Kuching, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Only stayed a night here as we were with a tour. There's a Lawson 2-3mins walk away, further down the main road you'll see nice boutiques and a department store across the street. Excellent location.

We had a double bed room with a typical Japanese unit bath. I really dislike the outdated looking flowerly comforter on the bed. The room was a little smaller compared to other hotels of the same category that I've stayed at in Japan. Basically there's no more walking space after laying our 2 big luggages on the tiny walkway. I kicked into one of them while on the way to bathroom. Luckily only staying one night else I might get more and more bruises. Our room was facing the building opposite directly thus not much of a view. Room was clean and breakfast was nice nonetheless.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pipiky
Jerusalem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Kanazawa is a large city and has many things to see. The famous Kenrokuen Garden and the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art are at a walking distance from the hotel.
The hotel is located close to the main street that has many stores and eating places.
The room was big with two parts. Breakfast was good. it has WiFi in the room.
The day we arrived was just crowded with girls wearing kimonos. It was due to a competition that was taking place just at the auditorium across the street. We had a great opportunity to see the many types of kimonos and the fancy hair styling they were wearing.
It was a nice experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank stoneJerusalem
Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Only a few minutes walk from the shopping area.
The hotel itself has nice lobby, not very impressive rooms. I don't like the bathroom. But the room is clean, so it's fine.

There is free wifi in the lobby.
Breakfast was really good. I loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business