“Quality in every aspect, and Affordable ”
Review of Hidatakayama Kyoya

Hidatakayama Kyoya
Ranked #12 of 1,040 Restaurants in Takayama
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Very, very friendly servers. The chef himself likes to meet and greet customers! I recommend making a reservation, although it's not required.

Price: approx $20-50 depending on what course you order- or if you want additional sides. I ordered the Premier Hida Beef course- plenty for one person

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (397)

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

We've found it thanks to a friendly Japanese man because at 20pm every other restaurant was closed. It was perfect and very professional! 2200 yen each

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

We came directly from the station and it has been a wonderful experiencie. We order twice!!! fantastic staff and hida beef.

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Came here my second night in Takayama. The food was very good (I had the Hida beef with miso set). The waitress even helped cook it for me at my table, as I had no idea how it should be done. Everyone was very friendly, and it was definitely one of my favorite dining experiences in Takayama.

2  Thank Matt W
Reviewed July 6, 2016

We ate here for both of our nights in Takayama- the staff was attentive and the gentleman who works there is so friendly and loves to talk to travelers. The atmosphere is genuine, the cost is reasonable, and the food was the best we had for 2 weeks in Japan- the Hida beef melts in your mouth, the beef cooked with miso paste on a magnolia leaf is not to be missed. Our son loved the pork as well. Of course cooking it ourselves at the table was some fun in itself and our teens had a blast. Don't worry, they will help you if needed. Cost about $15-30 per entree with plenty of food.
We were given small origami gifts when we left both nights which was a nice touch as well. You will not be disappointed if you like sukiyaki!

Date of visit: June 2016