“Excellent burgers”

Ranked #10 of 1,069 Restaurants in Takayama
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

If you fancy a change then the burgers here are really good. Would recommend the bacon cheeseburger and the onion rings.

Date of visit: August 2013
1  Thank RichF44

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We got lost at night in Takayama and stumbled into this restaurant. We thought it was someone's house because of the narrow corridor with the Star Trek poster on the wall, but the chef came out and waved us in. We had been traveling long enough to be very hesitant before ordering western food -especially a hamburger with bacon- at a Japanese restaurant but it was some of the best burgers we've ever had. The bacon was crispy, the bun was toasted, the cheese was NOT processed, the mayo was normal, there was no fish flakes on it, and the Hida beef patty was mouthwatering. Even the fries tasted like home. An absolute delight.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I love Japanese good and fortunately I get plenty of it living in the Bay Area. Be that as it may, after about 5 days of Japanese food for every meal I was missing my usual fare. I don’t typically eat burgers and I don’t know that it was exactly what I was craving that day but I did want some sort of change/reminder of home; hamburger is a quintessentially American food so this place met my criteria.

I was not disappointed and fortunately neither was my pescetarian wife; they had a tasty veggie burger (made with real veggies, not one of those patties). The basic burger was good as were the onion rings. This little restaurant also has some interesting memorabilia from earlier in the Showa period of Japan.

Date of visit: July 2013
1  Thank Retinol13
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Hida beef hamburger was truly delicious. A North American culinary experience in a small Japanese village! As usual in Japan, the restaurant is small, and therefore fills up very quickly. The whole 13 seat restaurant was reserved when we got there, so where did we eat? At the counter, of course! Best seats in the house, as you can see the focus of the cook on all details, while discussing with us.

Oddly, you can order clam chowder as well, but we did not try it.

To enter the restaurant, you first have to go inside an antique shop, and walk across to the back.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We only went to this place based on the reviews - we thought we van have Hida meta and also à hamburger and it is the top rated restaurant on TA in the whole of Takayama.

Really glad we went. 1 had the Hida beef burger (they are Using the Hida beef) 2 of us had the bacon cheese burger and we added the onion rings.....and it was all superbe and over delicious. Probably the best burger we have ever had. Came with chips and Heinz ketchup,

The staff are nice and the restaurant is pretty cool - quite small, memorabilia everywhere and Johnny Cash playing, Free wifi also.

Definitely recommend! Go there hungry! The place to be in Takeyama. If ever again in Takeyama, we will return.

Date of visit: July 2013