“Great food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Chose this restaurant in order to taste Hida beef and definitely not disappointed. Range of dishes on menu was very good and wine list was good too. The Hida steak that I had for my main course was the best steak I have ever enjoyed. All food was very well cooked and the service was excellent.

1  Thank Cjayn

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have quite a lot of experience in Japan, as living in Tokyo for more than 5 years, and this place could be one of my favorites. I am pretty picky about Italian kitchen, but this place is definitely good. I followed the recommendations from tripadvisor and was not let down. Try it, especially the beef carpaccio pizza.

1  Thank Tokyonoitariajin
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We were skeptical about an Italian restaurant amidst this little mountain resort town in Japan. How wrong of us! The restaurant lived up to the hype and then some.

We started our dinner with their simple mixed green salad that rivaled some of the best salads we usually get in California (and hardly ever anywhere else). Then we opted for one of their beef specialties that are meant to be shared by two. The perfectly prepared beef was accompanied by a potato gratin, spinach, and impeccably broiled wedges of horse radish and a whole sweet onion. I picked a Chilean oak aged Pinot Noir from their long list of wine choices. Fresh rustica bread and olive oil were provided. They completed our dinner with an amazing artisan raspberry sorbet.

Before the dinner was done, we had already decided to come back the next day.

1  Thank H H
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After a week in Japan eating Japanese for lunch and dinner we wanted something European, especially after Japanese breakfast at the ryokan we were staying at.

The quality of the food and the service level was worth every yen. We had Hida beef with potato gratin, vegetables and each a glas of a good pinot noir and coffee to finish off. Caramel ice cream (which was also perfect) was on the house and we ended with a total of around 13.000 yen, so European price level for European food.

Recommended!

1  Thank CPHworldtravellers
Reviewed May 16, 2013

A well-appointed French bistro at the center of Takayama. I shared an exquisite Hida beef sirloin steak, french style with a friend. Steak was tender and tasty, and I think, better than the Wagyu beef I had in Kyoto. The bacon that came with it was the killer. It was an expensive meal but, in my opinion, well worth the splurge. The set menu came with soup, gelato and coffee. Made of Hida cow’s milk, the gelato was wonderful.

1  Thank Jennusy