All reviews kaiseki style shuttle bus breakfast and dinner customary courses bedroom dishes accommodation ladies ryokan english bath japan
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and felt that the ambience and service was gracious and efficient. Chyoko (not sure if spelling is correct) served us the breakfast and dinner for each of our two days. She was a lovely hostess and her English was excellent. We did not realize that it was customary to tip one’s attendant at a Ryokan in distinction to other experiences in Japan but found this out on line before leaving town so we could add an expression of thanks and a tip for her help. My wife did realize that she was more comfortable sleeping on a double futon base, which was quickly provided. I am so glad we moved out of our western accommodation habit to experience this Ryokan. I hope my family members will plan to visit this property on their trip next year.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Smiling welcome at the shuttle bus as well as at the Ryokan once arrived. After a welcome drink and registration a heartful lady took care of me, explaining all the details, showing me the rooms, the sento (bathroom for ladies) with inside and outside bath, absolutely great.
Privat dining room. First thing one sees a beautiful Ikebana, table with a lot of dishes, beautifully displayed, delicious food not only at dinner but as well for breakfast. It’s a dream. Ayumi took real good care of me, very interesting person and interesting discussions. It was an exchange of experience of live and laughter.
I can only but recommend this Ryokan.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed May 21, 2017

We stayed in early May as a couple. The hotel was about 10 minute by car from the JR station. They provided free shuttle bus from the station and ryokan in every 30 minutes. Ryokan was clean and beautiful. Our room was 1 bedroom with private outdoor onsen. The room was large and clean. A bit noisy from the upstair or nearby rooms. The public onsen was small but you can use at the nearby ryokan. There was no complimentary drink from minibar and that was a disappointment according to the price that we paid. The room was very hot during our sleep. We feel like there was something burn beneath our bed. Breakfast and Dinner were good. The services from miss Aoi was fantastic and this was the best part of this ryokan.

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank Saran S
Reviewed May 20, 2017

We loved everything about this place- convenient shuttle from the train station, really great staff, and just a completely relaxing atmosphere overall. We had a private onsen (amazing) and the kaiseki dinner was fantastic. Oh, and really comfy beds! I can't say enough good things about it, we were really happy and would definitely go back.

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank Jen W
Reviewed May 14, 2017

We were met by the staff at the gate as we disembarked the shuttle bus from town and given a wonderful welcome inside. Our English speaking hostess explained everything to us and showed us to our two level apartment, complete with our own onsen on our patio.

Meals were served by our hostess in a private dining room and our two dinners were really 13 course banquets - truly fantastic and comprising the whole range of Japanese cooking styles - sushi, sashimi, shabu shabu, tepanyaki, etc. In one evening I counted 10 different types of fish and seafood plus 3 meats and my wife's meal was subtly different to cater for her two food allergies.

I could go on forever about how good this place is. By now you won't be surprised that we were waved off by the staff when we left - they were great.

Could this be my best "hotel" ever? Perhaps..........!

Date of stay: April 2017