All reviews polite staff recommend this hotel hot water sauna takayama pajamas onsen slippers tokyo bed station
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2016

Having heard much about the positive comments of this chained hotel, I tried it on the last day of my trip. Besides cleanliness, great breakfast, free ramen (noodles) at night and polite staff, which so many people have talked about, I am also deeply impressed by its thoughtfulness, mainly shown in the onsen area. The onsen itself is really great! I have been to a number of onsens in Japan and was amazed to find that the water of this onsen was exceptionally "smooth". Also, it was the first I came across with simple partitions in the shower area. This is not to avoid embarrassment since there is no door and the partition boards are low. I believe this is to avoid water spilling to others during the shower. Another thing is they have free-to-use washing machines installed in the changing room of the onsen. So you can put all your dirty clothes to wash before you enjoy the onsen!

To be picky, the room is relatively small considering the rate of the hotel!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and would highly recommend it. The rooms are small but functional. The staff were so helpful and friendly all the time. The onsen was excellent with three pools and a sauna in the men and women's sections. Coin operated laundry. Free coffee in reception. Free noodles between 9.30pm and 11pm! We had originally booked 4 nights but at the last minute decided to go to Takayama for the spring festival and the hotel refunded one night without any issues. My only criticism was the bed; the pillows were flat and very hard and the bed is very small but I think this is standard in Japan!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2015

I only have positive things to say about this hotel. It is near station, there is an Onsen with nice outside-like setting, I had a day with a bunch of oranges floating on the hot water. They also offer ramen at night for free. I had a 60 min. massage for a decent price, too. I tried to stay at other DormyInn in Tokyo, but it was all booked. I can understand that considering the values for the price.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed here with work, along with 7 colleagues, and we were very impressed with the quality of the hotel and the services provided. For the room rate, it is incredibly good value compared to many other business hotels in Japan.

The rooms are not huge, but very clean and comfortable. The hotel, like a few other Dormy Inns, has its own Onsen spa for customers to use. In addition, the provide free ramen noodles in the evening for those getting into town a little bit late.

Location-wise it is a short walk to the JR Gifu station, a little longer to the Kintetsu station.

All in all, a very good place to stay when visiting Gifu, which in itself is a nice little city!

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We spent a night in Gifu Ekimae Hotel from the Dormy Inn chain: IMHO the most valuable in all Japan for quality of Hotels, rooms and value for money.

This Hotel is very comfortable and conveniently located 2 minutes walking from Gifu station. New rooms and beds, delicious breakfast, welcoming furniture and services, with amazing hot bath/spa.

Above all we appreciated the beyond imagination kindness of staff that were incredibly and effectively supportive when one person of our group forgot it's JR Pass in retrieving it and having it delivered to our next Hotel in Kyoto: arigatou!!! Grazie!

Date of stay: August 2013