See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 19, 2017

I had to spend 1 night in Fukui to visit our business partner and chose this hotel because it was very close to the JR Fukui Station, and had positive reviews. A very standard business hotel and very reasonably priced. A small room but it's the same in any other business hotels in Japan. Breakfast was included and it was buffet. I enjoyed having Japanese breakfast. There is a convenience store just across the road.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2015

The hotel location is convenient. Close to the train station, and restaurants are just across the street. The castle is within walking distance. The bathroom is kind of small. Just stayed 1 night on the way to Kanazawa & Takayama. The room was in general clean, but there was a juice bottle hiding behind the TV. The house cleaning should spend a little more time looking around. The breakfast is basic, not much variety.

Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank KyWan
Reviewed May 3, 2015

The hotel is very convenient.
It is very near from the new JR Fukui Station.
Maybe around 3 minutes walking distance, and you can see it from the station main exit.
(you will pass the dinosaurs "show" just in front of the station)
And there is also a bus stop a few steps from the hotel.
The hotel looks very new and clean, and the free breakfast has some varied selection compared to other chain hotels I stayed during my trip.
The room is also looked quite new and very clean.
And the front desk staff was very helpful to recommend some restaurants/bars around the area.

Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed March 12, 2015

I've traveled a lot in Japan, but this was my first visit to Fukui. On arriving, I was delighted to find the Hotel Route-Inn to be all I had hoped for - located just steps from the Fukui train station, clean, and comfortable. The bed was pretty firm, which is pretty typical for Japanese business hotels, but I slept great. Our rate included breakfast, which was light but fine. I hope to be back some day!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank J S
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I traveled with my husband and two-small kids. We booked the non-smoking family room. Location was convenient since it is very close to the train station (we went to the Fukui Dinosaur Museum the next morning). It is slightly smaller than a Western-style motel. If you can't read and/or speak Japanese, you may have a hard time here since staff's English speaking ability is limited. The room was clean and a good size if you are just spending the night. We used the first floor's public bath. It was small but clean. The breakfast buffet was good, but nothing fancy (more like a typical breakfast you would get at a Japanese home). Overall this hotel was clean, reasonably price, and is in a convenient location.

Date of stay: June 2013