“Basic and good for what you pay”

Hotel Wing International Nagoya
Ranked #32 of 171 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I actually really enjoyed this hotel considering what I paid (which was very cheap). I came in late at night, and the receptionist was incredibly pleasant. It was sweet of him to make the effort of speaking English to me, but I could tell that I relieved him by speaking in Japanese instead. In return, all the employees suddenly turned incredibly accommodating and assisted with my bags. One even sprinted all the way up to my room to give me my iPad that I accidentally left on the lobby chair. How nice!

The room was small, but expected, so I had no problem with it. Everything was still clean and pleasant. It MIGHT have had a LAN cable (I'm sure it did as most places do), but I just paid the couple hundred yen to get wifi for my ipad. The hotel itself is an easy 2 minute walk over a bridge to the subway, however, the JR station is a little further away. The city and its attractions are an easy subway journey away too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Wing International Nagoya

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is a 20-minute or so walk from Nagoya JR station, but it's closer to a subway station.

My room was really tiny (the smaller I've found in my trip around Japan), including the bathroom, and shower was not that good. The bed was not exactly comfortable.

I've stayed in this hotel for one night as I was attending a soccer match in nearby Toyota. I think it was adequate for an one-night stay but it would be hard to stay there for longer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel is very well located on Fushimi Dori about 25min walk from Nagoya Station, a taxi from Nagoya Station cost me 1050¥ in Dec 2012.
If walking from the station use main/central gates the main road is Sakura Dori, walk up the road until you reach Fushimi Dori, main reference point is the big elevated metal pedestrian crossing, turn right and you'll have reached your destination!
If using metro, nearest station is Marunouchi, use exit 6 and walk back to crossing.
Reception has free coffee machine good seating area, free wi-fi, a couple of laptops and printer, vending machine etc, a 7 Eleven shop (mini market) is just down the road on fushimi dori.
I had good wi-fi reception on the 10th floor but others didn`t on other floors, a mini router would solve the problem and I learned that lesson in Japan, every other hotel/room I stayed had LAN but only this had wi-fi....
The room was clean, the bed was confortable and the bathroom was very good overall.
Staff had some problems with english but it was not too bad.

Room Tip: If you are going to use laundry room check the floor where it is located first so you don`t have to...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located between Marunouchi and Fushimi subway station, maxi 10 minutes walk from either one. We still have not figure out how to walk from Nagoya Station, the staff did said 20 minutes walk.
Also, it's surrounded by tourist spots, one stop west is Nagoya Station - check out the "Bic Camera" for all the latest and greatest gadgets, the display models they have on the floor for you to hands-on, is likely more than many of the camera shop's stock here in Toronto; 2 stops south is the old town - nice shopping and tourist area; 2 stops east is the Oasis 21 and TV Tower - best to visit at dusk and evening for their light display; and few stops north is Nagoya Castle.
The room we had call semi-double, is tiny but neat, clean and very functional arranged. Staffs are very helpful, friendly and nice. Their English is good enough for answering basic questions, and with a little patience, imaginations and lots of smile, we have no problem at all. Free WiFi, 2 PC for use of internet, coffee are offered at the lobby. In room LAN. And be sure to browse around at the lobby. They have some great guides on where to go and eat in Nagoya. Plus a lot of free give away, check out the reception counter for ladies face mask, lotions, face cream and more...
We did find the room a bit hot, however, once we open the window, all problem solved, window opening takes a little wisdom but once you know how, it's easy..
Overall, we found for the price we paid, this hotel exceed our every expectation, and will certainly recommend it to our fellow tripadviser readers.

Room Tip: Higher floor, if you can face the main street, it's good. If not, chances are your window will...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Good for a one night stay. My assumption is you would use the hotel only to crash at night. It's near the exit 10 of fushimi subway station. Fushimi is one station away from Nagoya central station on the hagashiyama line. Don't try walking to the hotel as it be a full 30 min from Nagoya station. It's got wifi in the lobby and internet in the room. Staff is helpful in showing directions to the various sites. Room is small but adequate for a night's crash.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in October 2011 and we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is located very conveniently close to the city centre, which can be reached by foot in some fifteen minutes. It was nice and quiet and we could really rest properly after having walked around in Nagoya for many hours in the October heat.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Previous comment says it all, convenient location, good value accommodation, clean, comfortable. You can walk to Nagoya Station if you opt for, on the way you can get into the Unimall underground mall for food and shopping, or it's just around the two subway stations. Didn't get a good deal as 76 pounds for 2 for 2 nights with breakfast but still very happy with this hotel. I am now in the hotel, spending a total of 5nights. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo