New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great location, laundry room available.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of the b nagoya

the b nagoya
Ranked #11 of 163 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
“Great location, laundry room available.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Walking distance of Metro station this business hotel is in a good location. The staff were very helpful with good English. Room very small but clean. The laundry room is very useful if you are on a long trip. The washer/driers can be programmed for a 4 hour cycle allowing you to see the sights of Nagoya. We used the luggage forwarding service throughout Japan, £12 for one medium suitcase, very useful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
齋木 国夫, 営業ディレクター at the b nagoya, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review "the b nagoya".

All of our b hotels are in good locations offering great access to the most of attractions and restaurants in the area. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the b nagoya.

We provide a variety of services to make your stay comfortable including the laundry room you mentioned, coffee station and internet corner in the lobby etc. And as you highlighted, we also assist to arrange the delivery service (Takkyu-bin) which is now one of the well-received services in Japan among travelers with many/heavy luggage.

We hope you will be back and stay with us again.

Y. Saito
on behalf of Managing Director
West Japan Cluster
Ishin Hotels Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was a guest at The B Nagoya for two nights recently and I was very satisfied with it. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. They staff were very helpful (helped me ship my luggage to Narita and stored some other bags) and spoke English well. The internet service (wired) was fast and effective. The hotel also has a Lawson convenience store in the basement. The Nagoya subway is about 2 blocks away.

The hotel could stand to renovate their bathrooms. I stayed in two different rooms and both of them had pitted sinks in the bathroom...it wasn't a huge issue because the bathrooms were clean but seemed out of place in this otherwise nice hotel.

I would still recommend this hotel. I thought it was a good value in a good location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ishinwj, Manager at the b nagoya, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review "the b nagoya".

We are pleased you found the hotel suitable for your stay in Nagoya. As you have highlighted, the hotel is only a short walk from the Nagoya subway line that connects directly with the Bullet Train station. The hotel also is ideally located for shopping, dining and entertainment.

We appreciate your feedback on the bathrooms and we are currently working through a plan to refurbish the bathrooms.

Again, thank you for your positive feedback.

Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at The b Nagoya Hotel on two occasions and we had a fantastic stay.

Good and friendly service, very clean rooms, very comfortable bed, good internet connection (cable, no wifi), free wifi and internet service in the reception area including free tea and coffee, the laundry service (3 washing machines available) was good and cheap too. The offered body soap, shampoo and conditioner were shisheido products (= very good quality).

The hotel is only two subway stations away from Nagoya main train station and 3 minutes away by walk from the subway station „Sakae“. The location was perfect as it was centrally located and close to restaurants and shops.

Of course, the bed and bathroom were small but that's how the hotel rooms are in Japan. ;-)

They offered the nicest bedrooms we’ve seen in our 4 weeks in Japan. Two thumbs up for The b Nagoya Hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view and more day light.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ishinwj, Manager at the b nagoya, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review "the b nagoya" and thank you for the "two thumbs up"!

We are very pleased you found our hotel to be the best business hotel during your 4 week visit to Japan.

As you have highlighted, the hotel is ideally located in the main shopping, entertainment and dining district of Nagoya. Its also only a short walk to the subway station, 2 stations from the main Nagoya Bullet train station.

Our "b" hotels across Japan offer free internet in the guest rooms (wired) and free wireless internet in the hotel lobbies. We also offer complimentary coffee in all hotel lobbies.

Again, thank you for your great review.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The B Nagoya seems relatively new. It's really clean and the customer service is good. The rooms are small but not as small as some Japanese hotels can be and is wasn't sterile. It had a nice cozy and modern vibe going on. We only stayed there for a night as we were in town for a sumo match, but if I ever went back to Nagoya, I'd stay there again. Another major plus is that this place is near a couple of malls and several department stores and two blocks from the train station, which was two stops away from Nagoya station (the main station where you can catch other trains, as well as the shinkansen). The breakfast was also good. They offered a nice buffet of Japanese and Western style offerings. I would have given this place five stars but the only thing I didn't like was that I had to travel to the lobby in order to use the wifi. There is no access in the rooms. But that's a small set back though.

Room Tip: The corner rooms tend to have more space.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ishinwj, Manager at the b nagoya, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review "the b nagoya".

We are very happy you enjoyed the "vibe" of our hotel, and this concept and atmosphere is shared across all of our "b" hotels across Japan.

As you have highlighted, the hotel is located directly across from major shopping malls and a short walk to the subway station.

We do offer wired internet connectivity in all guest rooms with no charge and wireless is also free in the lobby.

Again, thank you for your positive review.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I chose this hotel based on its location (2 subway stops from Nagoya station, and also because of good reviews in Trip Advisor). I followed the hotel's directions when I took the subway, and asked for help at the ticket barrier when I couldn't immediately see Exit 13 (of Sakae station), and was given directions. Walking down the street, the hotel signage isn't obvious - but I knew that it was on the left, and around 150 metres from the exit, and when I looked up, there was a small "b" sign. Reception is on the second floor, I took the escalator, but if you look around (try the next entrance) you'll also find elevators.

The hotel seems fairly new, so unlike in many older places, I didn't bump my head every time I walked through a doorway. My room was small, one side of my double bed was hard up against the bathroom wall, and there was about a metre between the other side and the small table along the windows. That didn't matter: the hotel expects that its guests will entertain visitors in the lobby and not the guest rooms; the bedroom is for sleeping in. There was a small fridge, but no bottled water, and so I used the jug that was provided and made green tea. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The bathroom is small but works fine - take your time reading the instructions for the toilet - they are provided in English as well as Japanese. I enjoyed being able to take a hot bath at the end of the day - very relaxing.

I am not normally one for buying hotel breakfasts, but I recommend this one! There's not a huge range, but there's good variety, and the hot offerings changed over the two days I ate there. If breakfast isn't part of your rates, you'll need to buy a voucher at reception before going into the breakfast room on the 3rd floor. Most of the people having breakfast were Japanese business types, with a smattering of leisure travellers. I was the only westerner each time I ate there. Japanese tend to get going early - if you want a more leisurely time, go down to breakfast a bit later.

This is a business hotel and it fulfils that role well. If you want luxury, you won't get it, but if you want comfortable accommodation, this is good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dundas3071
ishinwj, Manager at the b nagoya, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review "the b nagoya".

We are glad you found the hotel your liking and that access was relatively uncomplicated.

The hotel is contemporary in style and offers a breakfast selection far greater than similar hotels.

Again, thank you for your great review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

This was my 2nd time in Nagoya. Previously, I stayed near the nagoya station, so tried to stay at Sakae area thus time.

The hotel location is great. All big department are just at the opposite side. A lot Of restaurants nearby. Staffs are friendly. The room is small but clean. It did not a matter as we spent most of the time outside.

The hotel is closed to the subway exit but it actually requires 10 -15 mins walk from the station. I was traveling with my wife and 3 years old son and a big luggage. It took me even longer time to walk and carry the luggage up and down.

In general, I had a pleasure stay at b hotel and recommend to others

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank HappyTravel0504
ishinwj, Manager at the b nagoya, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review "the b nagoya".

We are pleased you found the location ideal, and as you have highlighted, the hotel is lcoated in the middle of the shopping, entertainment and dining district.

From Exit 13, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the subway station, however if you have a lot of luggage, a taxi is another option.

Again, thank you for your review.

Kind regards

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed here one night as part of a month spent travelling in Japan.

Arriving in Nagoya station it's a short subway ride away although the Sakae station has numerous exits so you may be in for a bit of a walk if you pick the wrong one - it may be better to take a cab if you have a lot of luggage.

Although I was early my room was ready - a rarity in Japan where check-in times especially are strictly adhered to.

The room - a standard double - was very small but this is the norm in Japan. It was a non-smoking room but it was apparent the room had been a smoking room previously as the smell of stale tobacco was quite strong. I did consider changing rooms but as I only there for one night I didn't bother. It may be worth asking to see your room first if you're staying for longer.

The place was clean apart from a hair in the bath (it happens I suppose) with all the usual pre-packed amenities in the bathroom.

The location is pretty good and you're only a short distance away from the entertainment area although late at night things were a little sleazy a few blocks East of the hotel. Never felt unsafe though.

Look out for the Tebasaki or fried chicken wings which are a speciality of the area.

Room Tip: Check the room is ok first especially if you've requested a non-smoking one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank rmajumdar
ishinwj, Manager at the b nagoya, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review "the b nagoya".

Please accept my apologies for the non-smoking room smelling of smoke. We do have strict policies in regards to our non-smoking rooms and I am disappointed to hear that your stay was affected by this.

As you have highlighted, the hotel is easily accessible via the subway but it is important that you use Exit 13 as there are many other options that could take you away from the hotel. As an alternative and as you have mentioned, a cab is a good option if traveling with luggage.

We are pleased you found the location suitable and we hope you have an opportunity to return.