“Excellent shopping destination!”
Review of Noritake no Mori

Noritake no Mori
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Nagoya
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This beautiful garden area is the home of Noritake China and is quite a treat. This location has a fine dining option and a snack bar and LOTS of shopping. The real reason for our visit was to buy Noritake china, and we were not disappointed. Having shopped a Noritake retail outlet in Ginza, we knew that we were going to spend some money but for top quality china. At the outlet, they sell discontinued patterns at a huge discount. The only real letdown was that you cannot always buy the entire set (gravy boat, coffee pots, sugar pots, ect) but you can shop those individual items on the internet seperately. Overall, a great visit and super happy with out purchase and visit to the gardens.

2  Thank smraley

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was stationed near Nagoya for six months, so I decided early on that I needed to visit the Noritake no Mori. I went in late January, so there wasn't much going on in the gardens, but it was neat to walk around and see the original brick factory buildings and the small Shinto shrine.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Canvas Museum's hands-on science exhibits showing the integration/contribution of Noritake ceramics in the industrial world; you're given an interactive "keycard" that allows you to interact with various movies, exhibits, etc. and it was a lot of fun (and educational as well).

The Craft Center walks you through the production process where you can see artisans at work on different phases of production of molded figurines, and upstairs is a workshop where you can paint your own plate or ceramic items. There's also a lovely collection of vintage Noritake ware.

Noritake no Mori is only a ten-minute walk or so from the main Nagoya train station, and it's a very pleasant way to spend a few hours. Oh, and if you're looking for shopping, there are several Noritake shops on the premises (Palette Lifestyle Shop, BOX Outlet Shop, My Dining Total Coordinate Shop, and Stage Noritake Prestige Shop, for the really high-end items).

1  Thank Bundtlust
Reviewed July 20, 2012

On our trip to Nagoya, one of the major things I wanted to do was to visit the Noritake display. When I was young, my grandmother and mother had Noritake china and I always loved it. This place offers an interesting museum to give some insight into how the Noritake pieces are made with a little bit of history about the craft of pottery mixed in. The grounds were quite lovely to stroll as well. The highlight for me, however, was the gift shop where a large variety of modern china were displayed for sale. Some of the designs were absolutely gorgeous. It was fun just seeing what was there even if I had no intention of paying the prices. Most of the pieces were indeed an investment. There was also an outdoor cafe which was pleasant for quick break.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I went there by chance but it was a good visit, the gerden out side is beautiful with fountain, and they also have a cafe out side you can have soft drinks + some time sin morning probably on weekends they have local market - you can get a lot of jams, dry fuits etc, factory and muesum is also very exciting and if you like ceremics then they also have a store for you to buy stuff. - very close from Nagoya station - 10 mins walk

Reviewed February 8, 2012

especially if you are into your pottery! You can paint pottery here too for a fee. Lots of different buildings with varios things inside.