“Great hotel in Nagoya”

Ranked #1 of 167 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hotel in Nagoya”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at Hilton Nagoya for five days in August. I took the airport limousine bus from Chubu Airport for 10,000 yen. It dropped me off directly in front of the hotel. At the front desk, I was notified that I would be staying on an executive floor. Someone came to collect my luggage and escorted me to the 26th floor for check-in at the executive lounge. There are four executive levels at this hotel (24-27). In the executive lounge, one can have complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening snacks/drinks. There are people working in the lounge to handle check-ins, check-outs, answer questions, make reservations, and take care of all of your needs.

My room was on the 24th floor. It was clean and spacious. There was a king sized bed, large flat screen TV, seating area with sofa and table, and desk with chair. The closet contained plenty of hangers and an iron with ironing board. There were robes and slippers in the room. There was a fully stocked minibar in the room with space to put your own drinks if you like. The bathroom contained a bathtub with shower. There was a retractable clothesline over the bathtub if you need to hang laundry. In the vanity area of the bathroom, there was a large variety of toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, toothbrush, razor, and lotion. A hair dryer was provided so there is no need to pack one .

This hotel has several restaurants to choose from including a Chinese restaurant, Japanese restaurant, buffet, and cafe. I ate a full buffet breakfast at The Terrace each morning. There is an extensive variety of Western and Asian foods. Breakfast was complimentary due to my Hilton Hhonors Gold status. There are several restaurants near the hotel if you would like to eat outside of the hotel. There are convenience stores across the street and next to the hotel if you would like to buy snacks and drinks other than what is in the minibar.

The main reason that I rated this hotel as excellent is because of the staff. My Japanese language skills are horrible. I was relieved that all of the staff that I talked to spoke excellent English. I really appreciated being able to communicate so easily with the staff. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I am especially grateful to the executive lounge staff and to Chris (Director of Operations I believe) for making my stay so enjoyable. This is the only hotel I will stay at when I visit Nagoya.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hotel R, Craig Bonnor - General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Greetings from Nagoya!
I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our team members’ services and interaction with you and were comfortable with the English language capability of our team.
Thank you and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton when your travels bring you to Nagoya.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed September 6, 2013

While on our SE Asia vacation, we stayed here 6 days visiting relatives before heading to Hong Kong. The staff couldn't have been more helpful to us for anything we asked for. We would definitely stay here again when in Nagoya.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hotel R, Hilton Nagoya at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Greetings from Nagoya!
I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our team members’ services and interaction with you.
It is always gratifying to receive recognition for efforts made and I have passed on your comments to our team members who I am sure will be even more motivated.
We hope to extend a warm welcome back soon!
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hilton Nagoya is a fine hotel up to par with the Hilton brand.
Everything was as expected, friendly staffs - especially a lady named Suzuki fantastic,
helpful concierge - kind enough to advise us the train system to the airport,
clean and rather spacious room in Japanese standards..

But the shuttle bus driver to Nagoya station in the morning ruined it.
Young guy's attitude was like we're asking him for a favor.
Even though four of us were standing with rather big luggage, he didn't even open up the trunk when he arrived letting us standing while he checks inside to the hotel.
And as he was supposed to checked it inside, he was asking with impolite attitude like "did you guys make a reservation?", "what's your room number?" and so on..
Why would we be standing at the hotel shuttle bus stop with luggage if we haven't?
Then he was driving to the station like NYC cab driver not using signals without any announcements or greetings which is a norm even in Japanese public transportation.

All in all, the hotel itself was fine and dandy if we haven't used the shuttle bus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jaeleeny
Hotel R, Craig Bonnor - General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay.
Your comments relating to attitude of the shuttle bus driver, please accept our sincere apologies for failing to deliver the high standard of service.
Your comments have and being addressed with our management concerned for consideration.
We would hope that you would consider giving us a second chance to make amends and so we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

With best regards,

Craig Bonnor
Hilton Nagoya
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, staff is amazing, Japanese people are so friendly and fun to be around. Hotel is clean, safe, centrally located. Bar is well stocked with top shelf scotch, bourbon, wines, you name it, They carry it. Food was also excellent in both restaurants we used. Concierge is excellent especially with English speaking staff. Very helpful and accommodating . Will be back for sure

• Stayed August 2013
Hotel R, Craig Bonnor - General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks for writing a review on your recent stay at Hilton Nagoya.
It was great to read about the helpfulness of the team, your very good experience in bar service and were comfortable with the English language capability of our team.
Once again, thanks for the comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Nagoya soon.
Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I think the hotel is in a great location, but I disagree with them charging for the Internet. The rooms are very clean and quite large for a Japaneese hotel. The hotel staff couldn't be nicer to their guests

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Hilton Nagoya!
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We all appreciate your kind comments about our staff and our convenient location. This will be shared amongst all the management and the staff.
On the other hand, thank you for your comment regarding internet connection. I am sorry that we were unable to provide this service free of charge in your guest room. You are a valued customer and your feedback is appreciated.
Malaysia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Checkin in with no problem when we arrived. Room is reasonably sized, clean and nice. Coffee shop is a below par... breakfast is ok, lunch is poor and dinner was thai-promotion throughout we stayed so can you imagine Japanese tried to do Thai buffet? The Chinese restaurant is average, better than nothing. The only positive is the staff and their service, they were very good. In summary, they are OK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay.
I'm very proud to hear that our team took good care of you and I can assure you that I will share the good comments with them. For us its always important to hear what our guests thinks in order for us to improve and we will continue doing so in the future.
Also we would like to thank you about your comments on our food service. We will take this into our consideration in the future.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is centrally located with easy access to subway, restaurant, and shopping options. The staff is professional, friendly, and accommodating. The hotel also offers a shuttle service to Nagoya Castle and main shopping hubs of Sakae and Nagoya Station. While certain aspects of the hotel may need improving soon such as hallway carpeting, the pros definitely outweigh the negatives of this property. Definitely recommend Nagoya Hilton for either business or pleasure. By the way, if you're missing your gym at home, the fitness center can certainly satisfy that void. And as always, outstanding staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hotel R, Craig Bonnor - General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed Hilton Nagoya hospitality and some of the unique offerings of Nagoya city.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton when your travels bring you to Nagoya.