“Exceptionally helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 168 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Manila, Philippines
“Exceptionally helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Excellent facilities i suppose, is to be expected since HIlton after all is a hotel brand. But I didn't know superb service delivery until I stayed in this hotel. I was truly impressed. Hotel Staff warmly greets you, even upon casual eye contact and it surprises me often. It almost felt like they were really waiting for you to look at them. I was similarly surprised when they suddenly appear by my side whenever I was struggling a bit with my luggages. Again, it felt as if these staff are constantly on the lookout for anyone who needs even the slightest assistance. I refused several times and may have forgotten to say thank you but consider this review as an expression of gratitude and appreciation. Hope this level of service will be maintained. I would have given this hotel 5 stars if not for the unavailability of free wi-fi connection in its rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel R, Craig Bonnor - General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Greetings from Nagoya!
I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our team members’ services.
It is always gratifying to receive recognition for efforts made and I have passed on your comments to our team members who I am sure will be even more motivated.
Once again, thanks for the comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Nagoya soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

this hotel's location is excellent. within 5 to 10 minutes walk, you can be anywhere or at the train station to take you to anywhere in Nagoya or its vicinity. what impressed us most is the hotel's staff members. from the reception desk to concierge desk. everybody is wonderful. Daiki, a wonderful young man working at the concierge desk is the best. he is enthusiastic and knowledgeable, always ready to give you answers or to help you to find the answers. we went on the day trip to Gifu to see the cormarant fishing and we were concerned if there is late train service. he gave us detailed train service schedule for the late evening. he also wrote the train direction and station names on little card so that we can show to local people who may not understand English. Daiki made our stay in Nagoya so pleasant that I am sure we will come back in the future and stay at the Hilton again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hotel R, Craig Bonnor - General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Greetings from Nagoya! I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our team members’ services and interaction with you
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay. We would like to also thank you for your imputes about our convenient location, and most of all our proud friendly staffs. We truly thank you for your nicest comments.
Thank you and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton when your travels bring you to Nagoya.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Nagoya. It's a fairly standard Hilton and there are no local touches, but it does mean big rooms and plenty of facilities (although I didn't stay long enough to make use of many of them). It's about 15 mins walk from the station and fairly close to the main shopping/restaurant area. It's about 5 min from the underground so it's also convenient for going elsewhere in the city. They gym has a good range of equipment but was quite busy when I used it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hotel R, Hilton Nagoya at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review on Hilton Nagoya.
We value our customer’s opinions about us to serve you in any better way. So should there be anything that we can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable, please let us know.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton when your travels bring you to Nagoya.
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is located in very convenient area. And all employees were very kind. If I visit Nagoya, I will stay again here. The breakfast was also delicious and reasonable price. I want to recommend here to whom will visit Nagoya.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Yunseok L
Hotel R, Craig Bonnor - General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Greetings from Nagoya!
I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our team members’ services and interaction with you, and in particular our breakfast offering.
Whenever you next make the trip over we look forward to extending a warm welcome back!
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Hilton Nagoya is becoming our place to stay whenever we visit Nagoya. This time we booked only 1 room on the Executive Floor as it was a short stay (3 nights only). The room is just big enough for two adults, 1 child plus a babycot. We still had space to move around in the room. Previously our stays were on the deluxe rooms floors, which I have to say are much nicer and looks more modern. I wonder why the executive rooms are not on those floors, which would make more sense to me. The staff is as kind as always and the recognized us from previous visits. We noticed many new staff as well, especially during breakfast on the 2nd floor. The service during breakfast is still not on par - it is slow, tea with hot milk is always served in a different way every morning, plates are not cleared. Small things but it would be great to see these being improved, which will make the total experience even better. The staff is friendly though...just the execution of the breakfast service needs to be more efficient.

It is great to see that Nagoya now also provides an airport bus service and the stop is just on the side of the hotel. Note that this is currently only until December 31st 2013.

We will be back again during Christmas and we are all looking forward to coming back to the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and let me first say I was delighted to read you would definitely come back to Hilton Nagoya for your next Christmas holiday.
We really appreciate you sharing your experience and I can assure you that your comment on the breakfast has been noted and be assured that all feedback is taken very seriously and shared amongst the management team and the team members alike for improvement and further review.
We value our customer’s opinions about us to serve you in any better way. So should there be anything else that we can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable, please let us know.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you again to Hilton Nagoya in December.
OC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I came to visit Japan on a 4 day weekend I had off from work. It was kind of a last minute trip and I had only a week to plan everything out. I got a great deal on an executive queen room from agoda and so got the opportunity to stay here. Hilton Nagoya was the perfect hotel place setting off point. It's in a great location, walking distance to Osu Kannon temple and shopping arcade, Nagoya station, Nagoya city art & science museum, Nagoya castle, and TV tower. They do offer a convenient shuttle to and from Nagoya station and on the weekends to Nagoya castle. I enjoyed the 30 minute walk to Nagoya castle to take in atmosphere of Nagoya but my legs were dead from walking around all day so I would recommend taking the shuttle since you will do quite a lot of walking and stair climbing at the castle. Since I was booked in an executive room and I got to enjoy free breakfast every morning, in the executive lounge or on the 2nd floor buffet, free wifi in my room, and night time drinks and snacks everyday. The food at the Hilton was amazing. I enjoyed it very much. The room was nice and comfy but the bathroom was a little small but otherwise it was perfect. I had a great view from the 26th floor and the bed was super comfy. There are a lot of restaurants to eat at around the hotel and a starbucks across the street. Also a convenient airport bus stops in front of the Hilton and takes you to Chubu international airport for 1,000 JPY. The hotel staff were very courteous and extremely friendly. Over all I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I would totally come back here on my next trip to Nagoya. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stellaness
Hotel R, Craig Bonnor - General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments and let me first say I was delighted to read you would definitely come back to Hilton Nagoya.
I was glad to read you found the rooms, views and location very enjoyable.
Thanks also for mentioning how pleased you were with the service from our team, I will let them know and we hope to see you in Nagoya again soon!
Colombo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We got a good deal on hotels.com so we picked the Hilton which is a luxurious space in a good location. It's one tube stop away from Nagoya station or by taxi 5-10 mins and around ¥ 800. The building seems old (you only notice this cos of the type of taps used in the washroom - old fashioned) but really that's the only give away. The hotel is very well maintained and up to 5 star standards - including the over priced room service menu! But that's hardly a problem as there's loads of dining options just outside / a short walk away.

• Stayed May 2013
Hotel R, Hilton Nagoya at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Greetings from Nagoya!
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review on Hilton Nagoya.
I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton when your travels bring you to Nagoya.