“Love the big pig!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Love the big pig!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

It's simple, but delicious....but ignore the calories!! You can't go wrong with a katsu, but the famous Nagoya miso katsu is delicious!! I had it two ways - Nagoya style and traditional style - both great. Service here is super cheerful - and you have to love the pig carved chairs and other pig decor - super cute (Japan-style desu ne!!) worth a visit - especially for a fast lunch.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cheonan, South Korea
“It's awesome!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Trying Miso Katsu!!
It's very delectable more than I thought!
I never forget the taste.
I've gone Yabaton in Nagoya Intenatianal Airport.
There are many people. So, you should almost wait in line.
Trying Miso Katsu with japanese beer like Ashai.

Visited March 2013
bangkok
“A delightful meal! A must for Nagoya visitors”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I never thought Tonkatsu could be so delicious, but came here to find out what all the rave reviews were all about. How good can a tonkatsu be? And, yes this has got to be best tonkatsu that I have ever had! The miso tonkatsu was DELICIOUS. Crispy on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside. The service was good – they had menus in both Japanese and English. The servers looked so cheerful, it made me cheerful as well. The store was appropriately decorated for this type of restaurant, not over the top extravagant. The prices are also reasonable. My only complaint is that the tables are small and crowded. If you come to Nagoya, do not miss this place.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank marc d
Bangkok, Thailand
“Oyster season”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I visitted this restaurant on many occasions in the past but on my recent trip, instead of having the tonkatsu(pork) I had the oyster (kaki fried). The oysters were fresh and plumpy, fried katsu style to perfection. Really enjoyed it. Also at a new branch in the La Chic building on 7th floor where the restaurant is more spacious.

Toyota, Japan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The legendary Misokatsu of Nagoya”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Since I moved here in Aichi a few months ago, everybody`s telling me to try Misokatsu - one of nagoya`s famous specialty. So I tried it, and as I expected, it was delicious!!! The pork is so tender, tasty and juicy, and the miso sauce was kinda sweet which is very perfect to the the pork tonkatsu. Maybe my only regret was, I did not order a bigger serving of rice (well, i am really a rice -lover), which leads me to my warning. If you`ll order a set meal, it only comes with a very small serving of rice, which is very not enough considering the size of the meat.
名古屋名物と言えば「味噌カツ」、味噌カツと言えばやっぱヤバトンだ!