“OK Hotel...poor front office staff..atleast some of them”
Review of Captains Hotel

Captains Hotel
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Aqaba
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed at Captain's hotel in Aqaba for a night in September last week. While the location is quite good (not on the beach but hardly 5 minutes walk from the public beach and right in the middle of the food district, with lots of restaurant options), my concern was with the treatment meted out to me at the Hotel by the staff...front office and the restaurant (Captain's restaurant in the ground floor of the hotel. I think I am being balanced and generous in giving it a 3 star rating inspite of the treatment meted to me.

The issue I faced - a) Denied a table in the almost empty restauramt quoting some vague reason and b) Delaying my check-out at 4 AM in the morning on the pretext of checking the mini-bar inspite of confirming that I have not consumed anything from the minibar. I could see the front office staff talking and asking someone to go over and check the minibar. And it did not end there.I was told that I have consumed a chocolate from the minibar. On reiterating the stand that I have not consumed anything I was made to write that on a piece of paper. If you don't trust your customer, Its fine, do get things checked but after asking and then checking...you are making it very obvious what you think of the customer. I have never been humilated every anywhere either in my country or outside or for that matter in any other hotels in Jordan itself. It has definitely left a bad taste for me atleast.....

Well, I dont let a couple of instances create an impression about a place, people, a country but definitely wanted to put this on record...I had an enjoyable stay otherwise in Aqaba and a wonderful stay at Jordan.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tvdsuccess
There are newer reviews for Captains Hotel

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our visit to Jordan. The hotel has a sailor theme which seemed interesting and unique. The hotel is not as modern looking and the lighting inside the hotel is a little dark. I found our room spacious, but the bathroom was pretty small (i.e. the door can’t open all the way before it hits the shower door). However, the shower had multiple nozzles (with different pressures) which made for a nice massaging shower. The bed was also quite comfortable. There are quite a few restaurants in the area, but we did find it difficult to come by food just because we went during the period of Ramadan so restaurants were closed during the day due to fasting. We weren’t too happy that WIFI isnt complimentary, but there is a McDonalds about a 15mins walk from the hotel that provides free WIFI. Breakfast service was a little slow, but the food served was decent - scrambled eggs with a typical Jordanian meal (ie flatbread, humus, olives, vegetables). Overall, we would stay at this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane W
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked a room, during check-in the staff at the reception were not smiling. then the surprise ..... they said in the booking website that the room size is 28m, however the room was max 15m. and guess what; it was really smelly (mix of sweat and smoking).

we wanted to check-out immediately, they refused to refund us then we talked to the manager and after a long discussion, they deduct 40% of what w had already paid.

bottom line, find a proper hotel if you have mid to high standards in hotels

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank seasa
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Fantastic hotel amazingly friendly and attentive staff fantastically accommodating with children can not find any fault with them. Pool a little small but there wasnt anytime that we couldnt get a lounger or it was over crowded.
Rooms cleaned everyday nothing ws a problem for them deffinatley reccommend it over big resort hotels.

Room Tip: Choose deluxe suite worth the extra
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel has a very good location among all interesting restaurants ,rent car and all needed services
Though its a three star hotel but I didn't find they miss any thing from the five stars ones rooms are very good very clean and very nice staff
Quite rooms wifi is available also

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Mbsaily
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Captain is a nice place, l can't enjoy in aqaba with out take my coffee at thier terrace in the morning and argeelah in the night

THe rooms are very good condition and peaceful and I feel very comfortable
The gym is amazing
Breakfast is very good too

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013

to anyone who wants an amazaing hotel to spend thier holidays in aqaba they can chose the captins hotel in the heart of aqba city in a very nice loction and it's exellent service it started as the best sea food restorant in aqaba and you'll get a very exellent treatment from the captin's hotel team

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family