“Great”

Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Aqaba
South East England, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

A smashing hotel, I had a massive double room, with a sea view, all to myself. The robe and flip flops came in handy, the sea shore facilities, ice, water, towel arrangement enhanced the experience. Breakfasts were good but the evening meals were limited in choice and had little flavour, but that was the case in all the Jordan hotels we stayed in.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Millah A
First of all let me thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent satay in InterContinental Aqaba resort, your comments and compliments are highly appreciated, we are strive to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction, only by valued feedback from valued guest like you we can target where we should maintain and where we should improve. I do apologize that we didn't exceed your expectation in breakfast provided , but your comments are taken seriously and immediate action will taken, once again thanks you for feedback shared and I hope to keep choosing InterContinental Aqaba Resort for travel needs.
General Manager Mazen Abu Sakha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean the bathroom is good with a tub , rhe the beach is close so you don't have to walk alot , but there was construction for a property next to it so it was very noisy at night if your on the very right end but it was very lovely stay

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mazen-AbuSakha, Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Abu Jaradeh
First of all let me thank you for choosing InterContinental Aqaba resort as preferred place to stay, and thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay experience. and I do apologize for the noise that you heard from the construction beside the resort.
once again thank your comments which inspire all member to strive maintaining the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I went their with a group of friends, from the moment we entered the Hotel we were dazzled by the beautiful lobby ... we were greeted in a professional way and a friendly way that made us feel so special. The team of the Hotel gave each one of us a personalized service that made our stay extremely special.
Rooms are spacious and very clean, Pools are beautiful, not to forget the sandy beach ... Special thanks to management as it seems they give high importance and attention to their employees and as a result us as guests get the best service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Ms. Tatiana
First Of All let me thank for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay with us , All InterContinental Aqaba are glad when read such an amazing article which give us the strength to maintain providing the service that our guest love, the feedback we received from you indicate what we are providing also indicate the level of guest satisfaction. Once again thank you for your supportive comments and hope to welcome you again in your second home in Aqaba.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I didn't want to leave!!
I have visited Aqaba many times and this hotel has to be by far the best one I have stayed in! The people who work at the Intercontinental were so friendly and welcoming.
The rooms are very spacious with a brilliant view of both the coast of Aqaba and Israel. Providing a full range gym and indoor squash court it was easy to work out and then head to the spacious sandy beach where they offered great food and drinks.
There were so many options to choose from in terms of water sports from parasailing to banana boats- I highly recommend something called the flying fish.
I really couldn't be happier with my stay at the Intercon, the little gift shops were open at night and we could get whatever last minute things we needed without leaving the hotel. Everything about this place was luxurious without being pretentious.. there is something for everyone- large heated pools, spa, gym, water sports, beach volleyball and shows for the kids! I cant wait to go back, my friends and I had a blast. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Amman2013
First of all let me thank you for your comments and recommendations which is highly appreciated , and to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback in InterContinental Aqaba resort, we are so glad to hear from guest like you about their stay it was enjoyable and memorable which is giving us the strength to maintain the highest level of guest satisfaction, Again thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you soon in your second home.
General Manager Mazen Abu Sakha
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My experience at this resort was nothing short of exceptional. The lounge and activity areas are large and open spaces, both luxurious and welcoming. The view from my room was a breathtaking scene of a stretch of sea from left to right, with mountains enclosing either side in the distance. The rooms were large, comfortable, and maintained daily by the staff.

The pool lies along horizontally to the resort, and since my stay was in November when the air was chilled, it was kept heated; another conscious effort to ensure the comfort of the resort's guests. I went to the gym one day which is in another excellent facility past a squash court and spa rooms. It was well equipped with machines, which were also either brand new or very well maintained. The staff was also helpful here, letting me know that if there was anything I needed help with, they would be there to assist me.

Now, food is a whole other subject. The complimentary breakfast contained a large variety of selections, so every day I got to try something new, or add on to what I really enjoyed and couldn’t get enough of. There is an omelette station where you choose your ingredients, as well as a pancake and waffle station. There are also multiple buffet stations to choose from with an array of international cuisine. The hospitality was attentive, replacing beverages and cutlery if needed.

After breakfast I would walk down past the pool and onto the beach, which was also very clean and well kept, with more than enough seating. Buoys enclosed the area for privacy. To the left was an area where you could sign up for recreational sport activities, such as parasailing, banana boating, or tubing.

In all, the resort ensured that I had the best experience of Aqaba. The range of facilities is expansive with something for everyone! The combination of that factor with the comfort of this resort made it an absolutely excellent stay. I only wish that I had more time to experience it all!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Tannah
First of all let me thank you for choosing our resort as preferred place of stay also to thank for supportive and inspiring feedback , we are glad to hear that your stay in InterContinental Aqaba resort was enjoyable and memorable and met your expectation, and our promises was delivered. your feedback and comments give us the power to maintain and to strive for the highest level of guest satisfaction and not to spare any effort. again thank you for your feed back and we hope to welcome you soon in your second home in Jordan.
Sincerely, General Manager Mazen Abu Sakha
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

From the moment of arrival I felt welcome and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Room had a half view of the Red Sea which was more than adequate. Full range of facilities available with beach and pool well set up for guests. Food of a high standard with attentive service from the staff. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Baly
First of all let me thank for choosing InterContinental Aqaba Resort preferred place of stay , and to thank for taking the time to give us your feedback about service provided by InterContinental Aqaba resort members, its our aim to make your stay much enjoyable and memorable, again thank you for supportive comments and we hope to welcome you again soon in your second home in Jordan in InterContinental Aqaba resort.
Mazen Abu Sakha
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Stay,facilities,services,food,rooms, all in one word simply stunning .
I stayed in intercon,Aqaba from the 27th of nov to the 29th wish i could stayed more it is a memorable stay and they show that they care i had a flat tire first when i arrived to the main entrance and the staff took care of it and the night manager was just professional smooth check in and excellent front desk staff if you visiting this hotel must go for a dinner in burj al hammam restaurant shadi was the best restaurant manager i've ever seen (thank you shadi) must come back soon thank you guys well done .

Stayed November 2013
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Lupe
First of all let me thank for taking the time to provide us with your supportive comments and feedback, our core target to reach the highest level of guest satisfaction and your feedback inspire us to strive and maintain at least the same high level of service, we are happy when we hear that our guest had very enjoyable and memorable stay , we also look forward to welcome you soon in your second home InterContinental Aqaba Resort.
Sincerely, General Manager Mazen Abu Sakha