“Best Hotel in Aqaba”

InterContinental Aqaba Resort
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Aqaba
“Best Hotel in Aqaba”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I didn't want to leave!!
I have visited Aqaba many times and this hotel has to be by far the best one I have stayed in! The people who work at the Intercontinental were so friendly and welcoming.
The rooms are very spacious with a brilliant view of both the coast of Aqaba and Israel. Providing a full range gym and indoor squash court it was easy to work out and then head to the spacious sandy beach where they offered great food and drinks.
There were so many options to choose from in terms of water sports from parasailing to banana boats- I highly recommend something called the flying fish.
I really couldn't be happier with my stay at the Intercon, the little gift shops were open at night and we could get whatever last minute things we needed without leaving the hotel. Everything about this place was luxurious without being pretentious.. there is something for everyone- large heated pools, spa, gym, water sports, beach volleyball and shows for the kids! I cant wait to go back, my friends and I had a blast. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Amman2013
First of all let me thank you for your comments and recommendations which is highly appreciated , and to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback in InterContinental Aqaba resort, we are so glad to hear from guest like you about their stay it was enjoyable and memorable which is giving us the strength to maintain the highest level of guest satisfaction, Again thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you soon in your second home.
General Manager Mazen Abu Sakha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My experience at this resort was nothing short of exceptional. The lounge and activity areas are large and open spaces, both luxurious and welcoming. The view from my room was a breathtaking scene of a stretch of sea from left to right, with mountains enclosing either side in the distance. The rooms were large, comfortable, and maintained daily by the staff.

The pool lies along horizontally to the resort, and since my stay was in November when the air was chilled, it was kept heated; another conscious effort to ensure the comfort of the resort's guests. I went to the gym one day which is in another excellent facility past a squash court and spa rooms. It was well equipped with machines, which were also either brand new or very well maintained. The staff was also helpful here, letting me know that if there was anything I needed help with, they would be there to assist me.

Now, food is a whole other subject. The complimentary breakfast contained a large variety of selections, so every day I got to try something new, or add on to what I really enjoyed and couldn’t get enough of. There is an omelette station where you choose your ingredients, as well as a pancake and waffle station. There are also multiple buffet stations to choose from with an array of international cuisine. The hospitality was attentive, replacing beverages and cutlery if needed.

After breakfast I would walk down past the pool and onto the beach, which was also very clean and well kept, with more than enough seating. Buoys enclosed the area for privacy. To the left was an area where you could sign up for recreational sport activities, such as parasailing, banana boating, or tubing.

In all, the resort ensured that I had the best experience of Aqaba. The range of facilities is expansive with something for everyone! The combination of that factor with the comfort of this resort made it an absolutely excellent stay. I only wish that I had more time to experience it all!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Tannah
First of all let me thank you for choosing our resort as preferred place of stay also to thank for supportive and inspiring feedback , we are glad to hear that your stay in InterContinental Aqaba resort was enjoyable and memorable and met your expectation, and our promises was delivered. your feedback and comments give us the power to maintain and to strive for the highest level of guest satisfaction and not to spare any effort. again thank you for your feed back and we hope to welcome you soon in your second home in Jordan.
Sincerely, General Manager Mazen Abu Sakha
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

From the moment of arrival I felt welcome and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Room had a half view of the Red Sea which was more than adequate. Full range of facilities available with beach and pool well set up for guests. Food of a high standard with attentive service from the staff. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Baly
First of all let me thank for choosing InterContinental Aqaba Resort preferred place of stay , and to thank for taking the time to give us your feedback about service provided by InterContinental Aqaba resort members, its our aim to make your stay much enjoyable and memorable, again thank you for supportive comments and we hope to welcome you again soon in your second home in Jordan in InterContinental Aqaba resort.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Stay,facilities,services,food,rooms, all in one word simply stunning .
I stayed in intercon,Aqaba from the 27th of nov to the 29th wish i could stayed more it is a memorable stay and they show that they care i had a flat tire first when i arrived to the main entrance and the staff took care of it and the night manager was just professional smooth check in and excellent front desk staff if you visiting this hotel must go for a dinner in burj al hammam restaurant shadi was the best restaurant manager i've ever seen (thank you shadi) must come back soon thank you guys well done .

Stayed November 2013
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Lupe
First of all let me thank for taking the time to provide us with your supportive comments and feedback, our core target to reach the highest level of guest satisfaction and your feedback inspire us to strive and maintain at least the same high level of service, we are happy when we hear that our guest had very enjoyable and memorable stay , we also look forward to welcome you soon in your second home InterContinental Aqaba Resort.
Sincerely, General Manager Mazen Abu Sakha
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very unprofessional slow moving front desk staff of which one or two are actively doing their job while the others are apathetic. Though polite they stand doing nothing and as a result our check in time lasted 40 min. while it took us a whopping 1h to check out.
We also felt bad about them trying to convince us with a lower grade rooms than the ones we reserved.
The purpose of my stay in Aqaba was to fulfill the wish of my elderly mom who desired to sit by the sea.
I reserved two Club rooms so that she has the spectacular view from her balcony on the fifth floor and easy access to the Executive Lounge. The check in staff initially tried to convince me to accept rooms on the third floor claiming that these are also Club Rooms which is not correct. When I refused to accept those rooms they offered me one Club room on the fifth floor and the other on the 4th floor. Finally (after 40 min.) we were directed to the Executive Lounge where a very polite and helpful young lady arranged for us two adjacent Club rooms on the fifth floor. By the time I got the rooms that I reserved in the first place I was already frustrated with my check in experience.
I wonder why we were not escorted immediately to the fifth floor reception for check in. And why they were trying to convince me with lower grade rooms on the third floor while my reservation was for Club Rooms and reserved rooms were available.
We ate once at Burj Al Hamam Restaurant and if food is all about ingredients, preparation and presentation all three were Kentucky grade while the price was of course Intercontinental grade. I am not annoyed by the price but by the fact that I could not get a nice meal against it. I suggest that the chef should pay a visit to Romero restaurant in the Marina for some training.
The staff in the Executive Lounge including the chef and waitresses was excellent in all aspects.
This applies as well to the beach staff but it does not apply to the main restaurant staff.
Though I am Jordanian, I am sorry to say that many Jordanian staff that I interacted with is unprofessional and lacking training and service attitude in comparison with the excellent Filipino staff.
The air condition in the room was so noisy that one felt on a jet thus resulting in a bad sleeping experience.
Finally our invoice came different from our reservation price though reservation was made directly with the hotel and we had to wait more time at check out for getting clearance from the management to reduce the invoice rate to match that of the original reservation.
So all in all
- Lousy check-in/check-out, food in Burj AL Hamam, service staff in the
main restaurant and noise level in the room.
- Excellent view from the balcony of the rooms on the 5th floor, executive
room and beach staff and nice beach.

Room Tip: Club rooms on the fifth floor have nice view from the balcony and access to a nice executive lounge
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sa'd S
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Sa'ad I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to Check-in, Check-out Experience, Burj Al Hamam restaurant food preparation,service at main restaurant and noise in the room.It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose InterContinental Aqaba Resort for your future travel needs.
amman
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The resort was a nice one Its location is excellent ,rooms spacious, with friendly staff and other facilities especially spa were up to our expectations . Rooms actually needs some renovations .Food quality and diversity is average and can be better .All in all its an excellent resort ,very suitable for all kinds of accomodations

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Hussein A
Warm greetings from Intercontinental Aqaba Resort!
We were very delighted for welcoming you in our resort, and we would like to thank you for choosing our resort for your stay as well for taking the time advising us of you experience .
Thanks for your kind words about the location,the room,the staff and the spa, we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your constructive comments are highly appreciated, and would assure you that all were handled and discussed deeply for further improvement.
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Aqaba. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back to Intercontinental Aqaba Resort soon.
Sincerely Mazen Abu Sakha General Manager.
Chippenham, England
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is our third stay. The hotel was good last year, however, the new senior management team have improved it even more, with their focus being all about ensuring the guests receive the highest standard of service possible - the improvements are tangible and it is obvious that the staff also really "buy-in" to what Mr Mazen and his management team are looking to achieve. Location is excellent, facilities comparable with other 5-star hotels, pool and beach area large and well-maintained and food quality, thanks to the attention of newly arrived Executive Chef Eric, very good. Mention must be made of Club Lounge staff Mary-Grace, Jillianne and Cheska, Guest Relations staff Hala and Amer, Mustafa and the rest of the team at the pool bar, Ashraf in rooms division and Ibrahim in the fitness centre. Also noteworthy is the sympathetic approach the HR department at the hotel took to their Phillipino staff who had been affected by Typhoon Haiyan. We would unreservedly recommend this hotel and are already planning our return visit in Nov 14.

Room Tip: Book a sea facing room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andymickChippenham
Dear Mr. Andymick

Fist Off All let me thank you for your loyalty of choosing InterContinental hotels group and Aqaba Resort!, and to thank you for supportive comments and recommendation, it’s our soul business to maintain the highest level of guest satisfaction, your valued comments and feedback cascaded among all head departments and for selected employees you mentioned, your feedback surely will inspire every single employee in InterContinental Aqaba Resort to keep going and not to spare any effort of guest satisfaction.
Again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we are happy to hear such valued feedback from valued guest like you. We hope to welcome you again in your second home.