Very unprofessional slow moving front desk staff of which one or two are actively doing their job while the others are apathetic. Though polite they stand doing nothing and as a result our check in time lasted 40 min. while it took us a whopping 1h to check out.
We also felt bad about them trying to convince us with a lower grade rooms than the ones we reserved.
The purpose of my stay in Aqaba was to fulfill the wish of my elderly mom who desired to sit by the sea.
I reserved two Club rooms so that she has the spectacular view from her balcony on the fifth floor and easy access to the Executive Lounge. The check in staff initially tried to convince me to accept rooms on the third floor claiming that these are also Club Rooms which is not correct. When I refused to accept those rooms they offered me one Club room on the fifth floor and the other on the 4th floor. Finally (after 40 min.) we were directed to the Executive Lounge where a very polite and helpful young lady arranged for us two adjacent Club rooms on the fifth floor. By the time I got the rooms that I reserved in the first place I was already frustrated with my check in experience.
I wonder why we were not escorted immediately to the fifth floor reception for check in. And why they were trying to convince me with lower grade rooms on the third floor while my reservation was for Club Rooms and reserved rooms were available.
We ate once at Burj Al Hamam Restaurant and if food is all about ingredients, preparation and presentation all three were Kentucky grade while the price was of course Intercontinental grade. I am not annoyed by the price but by the fact that I could not get a nice meal against it. I suggest that the chef should pay a visit to Romero restaurant in the Marina for some training.
The staff in the Executive Lounge including the chef and waitresses was excellent in all aspects.
This applies as well to the beach staff but it does not apply to the main restaurant staff.
Though I am Jordanian, I am sorry to say that many Jordanian staff that I interacted with is unprofessional and lacking training and service attitude in comparison with the excellent Filipino staff.
The air condition in the room was so noisy that one felt on a jet thus resulting in a bad sleeping experience.
Finally our invoice came different from our reservation price though reservation was made directly with the hotel and we had to wait more time at check out for getting clearance from the management to reduce the invoice rate to match that of the original reservation.
So all in all
- Lousy check-in/check-out, food in Burj AL Hamam, service staff in the
main restaurant and noise level in the room.
- Excellent view from the balcony of the rooms on the 5th floor, executive
room and beach staff and nice beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A PRIVATE PARADISE ON JORDAN’S RED SEA. InterContinental Aqaba Resort combines relaxing atmospheres and welcoming accommodations. This Red Sea beach resort has exceptional views of the Gulf of Aqaba, which is well known for its coral reef scuba diving and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Aqaba Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Aqaba Hotel Aqaba
- Aqaba Intercontinental