“The worst diving team I ever met” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coral Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aqaba
Coral Bay
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Aqaba
Andorra la Vella, Andorra
“The worst diving team I ever met”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

We arrive to Aqaba very happy to stay for 3 days diving in the read sea. It coul be a good option for diving lovers unless the diving team were the most apathetic, rude and bad manner I've never known. Just a detail. We spend more than 600€ in 3 days and last day we ask to keep the mask and the tube to do snorkle in our last afternoon and red see (material for which we pay a rental during all the day) so they didn't allow us because they closed in the afternoon and the day after we leave, we told them we would return the material first hour in the morning and day say no. It's possible that? We are not going to go back never there but please if you read this mail think that there are more options in aqaba and for sure with a bettet team than in Coral bay (not too difficult...)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
jaimiaqaba, General Manager at Coral Bay, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Kindly provide us with your full name and exact accommodation date in Coral Bay Hotel & Resort if any, on rami@coralbay.jo , as we could not find any guest under the name of ROdri in our records.

For your kind consideration the rented equipments for snorkeling should be returned to the stores at 18:00 o’clock everyday and nobody in the resort is in a position to bear the responsibility of losing any equipment after the indicated time.

We regret for not meeting your request.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
Grimentz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

I stayed 4 nights at the beginning of my holiday and a further night at the end of the trip. For our first stay we arrived late at night and we used the room service for a quick dinner - check- in was smooth and service and food fine; the room was lovely, spacious, clean and cool. Breakfast was amazing - the best we ever had in any hotel, in a lovely room with great views. The hotel is young and everything feels very new. For till our return visit, we did arrive a bit early (at lunchtime) but despite a promise that our room will be ready "soon" we had to wait nearly 2 hours. That night we ate at the restaurant which was again excellent, and the service was also faultless. An early checkout meant we received a "breakfast box" which turned out to be a takeaway picnic but a call to room service had coffee delivered in no time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Greg567
Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

I have been there 5 days, just back today. I know Aqaba quite well and I have been in the old Movenpick (city centre), then in Tala Bay. I must definitely say that this hotel is much better. Not crowded as the city centre beach, not artificial (and Tala Bay is, absolutely!), fantastic reef, nice beach, very nice and kind staff. including the manager who is a dedicated and helpful person. Rooms are also good, clean and well furnished, with very comfortable beds. Breakfasts are perhaps not sumptuous (but are you really going to the seaside to eat?) but good and abundant. The beach bar serves excellent salads and has sandwiches and pizza. I could not want more than that and was absolutely happy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank donyy
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

Best Vacation ever
We are couples of caravan’s traveler who use hotel parks and enjoy the life around the world
At the begging to be honest we was afraid because the notes that we read here form some people, but when we give it a chance we found out that this hotel is really amazing. We stay at the park of this hotel and we use the facilities, cleaning as I saw was good, and the worm and friendly welcome from the reception team was amazing neither in arrival or departure.
Am really surprise now by the bad notes that other people added here, as I saw that there is really a lot things that dot make since, because we saw one of the rooms, and it was really clean, even the bathrooms at the lobby or at the pools changing rooms as soon we used the showers there more than once.
Will it’s the place to have family atmosphere we feel that we are one of there family in professional way

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank Caravan_traveler
Autrans, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

This is not my first time for the Coral Bay hotel and the Royal Diving Club; I was totally amazed By the new changes that they have over there, honestly my last visit for this hotel was in Dec. 2009 was not that awesome, but this time the new team WOOOOOW me so much, the new Team they have over the Front Desk, the new management that I met, the cleanliness all over, And the follow up that I touch from the leaders.
I like the food and I enjoy the dive there, snorkeling at the house Reef was breathtaking
I would love to thank some of the people that I met over there such as (Moza the Resort Manager halil the new rooms division who really exceed our expectations, the Front Desk team Who was always smile and friendly with there guest, the Dive club team, the food and beverage Team and there new manager I did not have the chance to get his name.
In shortlist Coral bay is the best place to enjoy your vacation

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank SeaLover_67
Dartford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

We visited this hotel for the day as it encompasses the Royal Diving Club which is great for snorkelling and diving. So glad we were not staying here. The beach was filthy, the food in the beach bar was disgusting. Loud music blasted out by the pool so we moved to the beach where shortly more loud music blasted out. Not very relaxing but if you are staying in the area and want to visit the reef - excellent snorkelling straight of the beach - it's worth it for the day.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluehippos

Travelers are raving about these Aqaba hotels

Amman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

We finished a tour around Jordan with a few days in Aqaba. The location of the hotel is great as it is right on the water and fantastic if you want to dive/snorkel and with nice pools for adults and kids. However there are no amenities in the rooms (not even tea and coffee), the breakfast is poor and if you order food from the bar or the restaurant it is very expensive and very poor quality. There are plenty of good restaurants in town so if you have a car it is not a problem and the hotel does have a shuttle bus service. It is a shame the food and other amenities arent better as it is a lovely location and who wants to have to go out all the time to eat when you are staying by the water? We had a car and it was easy enough to go in to town but if I return to Aqaba I would not stay here again - this is definitely not a resort (which is probably reflected in the prices) but is a great location. If you want to just stay by the pool or not move out of the hotel this is NOT the place for you.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family