Review Highlights
Nice place.

Reviewed November 4, 2015
Charlie Z
Shoddy equipment and deserted facilities, but the reefs are beautiful

Reviewed March 15, 2014
Travellingbear44
Oxford, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 4, 2016

The resort is isolated and very close to the saudi arabia border. Most of the equipments are old and hardly intact. The guide is a pervert and the staff stole the money from the locker, we fought hard to get our money back.

5  Thank ndp85
Reviewed November 4, 2015

I came here for the day just to chill and do some snorkelling. I had a great day and the staff were really kind and helpful. Hire and entrance was a little bit expensive, but I guess you'd expect that. I turned out to be one of the only people there so it was fantastic.

1  Thank Charlie Z
Reviewed June 11, 2015 via mobile

Great calm place, the good thing is not crowded and fish are friendly :) The hospitality was good but the equipment wasn't.

Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

Very dirty place. In food we fount hair... Bed also was not really fresh. For this place beer renovation...very very bad...

Reviewed February 24, 2015

We bought both the Lonely Planet Guide to Jordan and the Rough Guide (latest editions) to visit Aqaba last week, (February 23rd 2015). This beach and the Royal Diving Centre are both still very highly recommended in both.

Of note.

Access to the Royal Diving Centre is now via a new roundabout, on the coastal road south, about 4kms from the Movenpick Tala Bay Resort, almost at the Saudi border. Access is via a security checkpoint shared with the Jordanian Navy and manned by armed, forces personnel.

The Royal Diving Centre is accessed through the gate and lobby of the Coral Bay Hotel – see Trip advisor entries.

Both guidebooks suggest entry to the reef is via a jetty and steps. This is now derelict. I assume entry to the reef is now over the coral from the beach.

We visited last week and the hotel was deserted with no guests staying and the swimming pool closed. The restaurants were closed too although we managed to buy two cups of tea for JD4 each.

There is a JD 15 entry charge per person to use the beach.

The hotel looks very run-down with some serious ‘health and safety’ and hygiene issues.

I would not recommend.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Leaky mask, deserted facilities, shoddy showers. BUT the reefs are amazing, and you can get into the sea off the pier and snorkel straight over to them.

Depends on what your priorities are, and how important the facilities are to you when you get out of the water.

Don't expect any frills.. On the plus side the place was really quiet, and we were almost the only people in the water, so we had the whole pace to ourselves.

This is wonderful for snorkelling, but I absolutely would not try these cowboys for diving. There is no way their instruction or equipment would be up to scratch.

2  Thank Travellingbear44
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The facilities are old and derelict (broken showers, dirty beach...). Despite the high price (8JD§) the snorkelling equipment was broken.
The attitude of the staff does NOT compensate any of this (neither helpful nor nice)

Nice diving spot though but hard to enjoy in these conditions..

Avoid at all costs

3  Thank Johann M
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hello everyone,

With 3 friends,we spent one day in the Roayl Diving Center in Aqaba last Week.
We were encouraged to rent one locker, so our stuff would be safe...

At the end of the day, we went straight back to Hamman to take our plane back home, where i realised that 200€ were missing in my wallet, which i left in the locker for the whole day (I did check my wallet in the morning though, so I am pretty sure that someone from the staff took my Money)

Later, I called the manager of the Hotel, who acknoledged that the staff had a spare key of each locker ...

SO
> Don't go to this place, they are a bunch of thieves
> Moreover, this complex is quite cheap, with old furniture, not maintained,...

Otherwise, Jordan is a wonderful country. Have a good trip there.

Ben

6  Thank Benjamin B
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was the most terrible experience i have ever had, we went there to dive, they were so unprofessional, didn't give us the slightest safety instructions. I don't understand how is it called .the royal diving center!! honestly its one of the worst things i have ever seen

5  Thank abumaizar
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed in the Marina Plaza Hotel in Tala Bay and wanted to learn how to dive. We chose the RDC due to its location nearby and it's good reputation. Hamza, the manager, and I communicated via Facebook initially and he arranged to pick us up personally the next day. We were provided with training manual and materials which we keep and over three days we watched 5 training videos in the classroom, completed four pieces of homework and one final exam of 50 questions. Of course, we also completed five dives and completed all the underwater safety exercises you need to go through to achieve the certification. Our instructor Mohammad was patient, kind and very clear with instructions. The reef itself is stunning and the wildlife totally amazing. Without too much current, it's a fantastic place to learn. As a beginner, I was nervous but Mohammad and Hamza were extremely calm at all times and helped me relax. I would recommend the RDC if you are looking to spend a few days gaining a new exciting qualification. The instructors are fully qualified and certified. All the kit you need is provided and well kept and maintained by the team. The team take great care of their reef, I saw both instructors collect rubbish from the bottom (there isn't much thankfully) and return it to shore to put it in the bin. If you are looking for a good spot in Aqaba for recreational diving, then come here. It's quiet, you will the reef to yourself and the team at the RDC will provide you with maps/routes/advice etc.

Enjoy!!!

Two very happy newly qualified Open Water Divers.