“Not as good as I heard”
Review of Al Shula

Al Shula
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aqaba
Al Shula
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Aqaba
“Not as good as I heard”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I read many positive reviews about Al Ashula and decided to stay there. The Room was spacious but old. It has air-conditioner but was weak. In particular, the bathroom definitely needed some maintenance. Wifi was available only in the lobby which is very hot without air-conditioning. The staff were kind though most of them could not speak English. Centrally located and a bit far from the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank J Hoon K

Business
al nada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

It was quite by chance that I landed at this hotel. I could not find parking at the others so it was lucky for them that I did get parking near the hotel.
I had a very good nights rest and I can not complain about the service the staff was very friendly and helpful.
I liked looking out on the beach side and the road, I would love to take pictures of the hotel the next time though.
I would also like to go back to see if the Mosque they were building across the road is completed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We stumbled upon this hotel whilst looking for another one that was in our guidebook, and decided to stay here as we thought it was good value after looking at the room.

No complaints; room and facilities were all fine, and the location was good for us as we were diving and the dive shop was only five minutes' walk away. Was nice to sit on the balcony in the evening and watch teh sun setting over 3 countries.

There were lots of good and cheap places to eat in the same street.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aviatrix_aus
USA
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I went there with my old mother a little over a year ago, I am Arab American, my uncle who lives in Jordan referred me to this Hotel, I found it to be spotless, and very comfortable, in the best location possible, rooms where a bit on teh small side, not fancy by any standards, but, exceeded my expectations for sure.
Oh, and by the way, my Muslim uncle told me that they don't allow alchohol in the Hotel, I know they don't have a bar, and they don't serve alchohol, I am not sure if you will get in trouble if you brought alchohol to your room, if you want to drink go somewhere else and save teh headach.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Hayyoot
global
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I am travelling alone in Jordan and found this hotel to be the best value I had for the amount I paid. The rooms are clean, if not a bit worn. I had a seaview room with a balcony that I enjoyed a lot, particularly sunset. The location can't be better, in the centre of the city near the souq and good resat taurants, as well as the sea and transport. The staff were helpful and kind - I felt safe and cared for.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo