“Have seen its better days”
Review of Mina Hotel

Mina Hotel
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Aqaba
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Mina hotel in November. I wasn´t very much impressed the hotel. It is getting dated, especially the pool area. My room had newish painting though. My room was facing the street. A/C was very, very noisy and unsufficient. In the night, I had to keep the window open to cool the room. Because of th street noise, earplugs were the must.

The hotel has very strict policy not to accept clients bringing own water etc to the hotel. My minibar was empty and while I was coming with few bottles of water to the hotel I was stopped. I was ask to leave the bottles or leave the hotel! When I ask to talk to the Manager I was let in (with my water).
Next time, I´ll stay somewere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 2, 2012

In Aqaba you have the choice of staying at a top end hotel with its own private beach but at a price. Or else you could stay in the Mina Hotel and use the public beach just a five minute walk through the market area. I found the public beach interesting and was able to see the local tourists enjoying themselves.

The hotel itself is not brilliant but good. Reception was not ready when we arrived and the rooms were not ready either.
The rooms are reasonable and clean.

There is a cocktail bar with a happy hour but the drinks are expensive and the barmen is rather clueless. (There are plenty of liquor shops in town if you are desperate!)
We only had breakfast here which was so-so. I therefore cannot comment about the food. There are plenty of good restaurants a very short walk away: Captain's Restarent, for example.

Outside there are good jewellery shops and souvenir shops. A short walk away is an interesting local market. There are plenty of ATMs around.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back which is towards, but not close, to the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gyanfernando
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed three nights at the Mina Hotel earlier this month. We booked the room for $68/night online, as it fit in our budget. For $68 in the Middle East, this hotel had everything you could ask for. It had a great location, free breakfast, and clean rooms. The hotel is not really anything special, but it's a very good price for all the essentials. If we were ever back in Aqaba, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in August,2012, rooms are clean, but that all.Rooms are small, with only 1 wardrobe.Bufet was ok, at the begging, and later terrrible.Waiters are polite, receptionst, too.Everyone speks English, food in Golden tulipe was much better.We ate evryday the same food, for dinner and breakfast, sometimes there was no bread, no coffee, no clean plates...hotel is locatated st excellent place in the center of Aqaba...Above all I enjoyed staying in Aqaba, had wonderful time, and Jordanians are great people

Room Tip: restaured rooms are better, on the 8th floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tatiana t
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice and wouldn't bother to look for another if i was going back to Aqaba. I like the location, service and rooms are decent and spacious. Lady receptionist was amazing, she is funny and very helpful. Breakfast is fine, cold and hot option with plenty of coffee and tea. We went to public beach (free) which was okay but i prefered private beach club BERENICE, it's awesome. You can get ticket in the hotel, it is 10.50 including transportation (it's 10km south of Aqaba), definitely worth it. We didn't eat dinners in the hotel, i like going out and explore. We went to really nice local restaurant, i don't remember the name, though. Portions were massive and it was cheap, make sure you go out and 'shop' around. Very happy with this hotel, i would recomment it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Martina S
Reviewed September 24, 2012

OK, Mina Hotel is not a Kempinski, but is offers outstanding quality for the price.
We stayed on the 7th floor and had a nice balcony with a view to the pool and to the Red Sea. The sunsets we watched from there were amazing!
The rooms are very clean and comfortable, but if your plans are just to sit around and watch TV, you can forget it. The choice of channels is not that great, but anyway who goes to Aqaba to watch telly?
The pool site is very nice, and if you want to have access to an exquisite beach you can buy a ticket from 10 dinars in the lobby, which includes the entrance to South Beach, towels and a shuttle bus from the hotel to the beach and back.
The breakfast was varied enough to my taste, and I absolutely fell in love with some sort of porridge they had there.
And the staff couldn't be better! Polite, nice, and always ready to help and to find you a nice deal to go to Petra or just to rent a boat or call a taxi.
This is my hotel in Aqaba. Period!

Room Tip: Room facing the pool/ Red Sea - quite and great view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spent 12 days in Mina hotel in July/August 2012. Hotel offers good value for the reasonable room rates. My room was on the floor 6 and it was renovated, with a sea view. Rooms were cleaned daily, staff is very pulite and friendly. Don`t expect much from the breakfast bufet.Dinner was served in the neighbouring Golden Tulip Hotel( same owner) an it was very good. There are plenty of restaurants nearby hotel with excellent sea food ( Ali Baba, Floka, Syrian place- street upward Ali Baba restaurant) and they deserve a visit. I would say that location of the Mina hotel is its best feature. If someone wants a bit more luxury , then Hilton - next door would be a better solution. We were using Berenice Beach and a shuttle buss organised by Mina, took us daily to and from the beach.

Room Tip: Floors 6 and 7.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends