“WITH ABOVE AND BELOW AGENCY WE HAD A AMAZING STAY IN JORDAN”
Review of Golden Tulip Aqaba

Golden Tulip Aqaba
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Aqaba
Belgrade, Serbia
“WITH ABOVE AND BELOW AGENCY WE HAD A AMAZING STAY IN JORDAN”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We just got back from a ten-day stay in Aqaba. The hotel is located in the center of Aqaba. Once it was 4 star but now it`s far from it. The staff is very friendly and the service at any time. Hotel does not have its own beach, as well as almost all the hotels located in the center, so we use the shuttle bus, which is required to book at the front desk ,went to Berenice beach which is about 15 km from the hotel, but it is very beautiful. The rooms have no balcony, has the air-conditioning and modestly furnished but clean. The restaurant is also modestly furnished. Hygiene is not exactly at a high level and food choices. In the vicinity of the hotel have shops, cafes, very good restaurants, so you will not go hungry anyway. And on the beach you have a very good restaurant. All in all, the hotel is average and very cheap but it is ok for us because we were planning that Golden Tulip to be base from which we will visit whole Jordan. Thanks to the local travel agency ABOVE AND BELOW ADVENTURES, owner Moufid Baqain, located directly next to the hotel, who organized following trips for, us our stay in Jordan will forever be in our best memories.The Agency has organized for us two-day trip to Petra ,sleeping at the Petra Palace Hotel, 3 star, located 5 minutes walk from the main entrance. The driver picked up us at 7 in the morning in front of our hotel at 9am we were at the hotel in Petra, left things and started the tour. In the hotel in Petra, we had dinner and breakfast,and since we were sleeping we took the opportunity to go to Petra by night. The next day we visited Petra all day and at 18h in front of our hotel the driver picked up us and about 20h we were in Aqaba at the Golden Tulip. Also through this agency we went on a trip to the desert of Wadi Rum, which lasted 5 hours until sundown. And finally thanks to ABOVE AND BELOW we went on a two-day trip that included canyons,the Dead Sea, Bethany or place of the baptism of Jesus Christ in the river Jordan, Mount Nebo, Madaba, the factory where the products from the Dead Sea are sold, Amman, overnight stay in Amman in beautiful Larsa hotel,dinner at a local famous restaurant Hashim in downtown Amman, shopping, next day panoramic tour of Amman,which included the Roman theather and Citadel, and at the end of well-preserved Roman city of Jerash.The price of the trip were included tickets for all locations, stay in a hotel with breakfast, lunch on the Dead Sea, dinner in local restaurant in Amman,sightseeing Amman and ride in air-conditioned mini bus with a superb driver Said at our service at any time. For those who are planning an active vacation and visit whole Jordan this hotel is ideal because the price is very good, tidy, very friendly staff and Berenice beach was beautiful and we enjoyed it between our trips, and also we liked the center of Aqaba. The hotel is in a great place and everything is available so that you can easily walk to the agency ABOVE AND BELOW and book the above trips at very reasonable price. Finally I would add that on the corner of the hotel is a beatiful cafe where we in the evening drunk the famous lemonade with mint that is the best we`ve tried all over Jordan

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank bojana s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
hengelo (ov)
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I arrived here as part of a group of 24 people. They clearly were not ready for us yet, but gave us a welcome drink and sorted it pretty quick. They were not very friendly however. No info on where we could find breakfast or that there was a swimmingpool for instance. When I asked information about Aqaba the receptionist looked at me and just did not answer. The room was quite big. Two big double beds, huge tv but a very small and very OLD and rundown bathroom. There was mould everywhere, it did not look good. At the end of the trip we stayed here again and I had a better room, but then the other people in the group had worse rooms than the first time. There is a small pool with very old tablets and chairs where you can have drinks. Not very inviting however. Staff at the pool is really friendly. Breakfast is good. All kinds of veggies, eggs, rice, cheese, sweet pastries etc.
The hotel is in the middle of the city center, close to everything, that is a plus for them. As the hotel was part of a trip I can not say if it is good value for money. Lots of restaurants in the near vicinity. I can advise Fish Fish opposite the hotel. Good food, nice waiters, good value.

Room Tip: It must be possible to find a better hotel in Aqaba than this
1 Thank vosdiana
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We booked this hotel through Hotwire which assured us we'd get a 4 star hotel. It was a good deal moneywise but what a mistake to stay here. We weren given a room on the top floor with a large balcony. Thank god the room was okay (I got scared after reading the reviews) and the beds were actually pretty good. But the rest of the hotel....Breakfast was horrible, front desk staff unfriendly (they didn't even try to notice you) and the pool was awful. It had a couple of plastic chairs to sit on next to the pool but we had no urge to try the pool. It was all very uninviting. We took a day pass at the Movenpick to escape the hotel during the day.

4 Thank Wessel M
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very nice hotel. Even if it doesn't look 4 stars. I would say a good 3 stars. Very friendly receptionists and good breakfast. Just in downtown aqaba near the mosque but far from south beach that you can reach with the shuttle.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank alex t
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I'm not sure even were to start. So let me give some feedback on the positive sides of the hotel. The location is ok, there are many nice restaurants just outside the hotel. You can walk to the waterfront but to the beach itself it is a longer walk but doable. The room I got was actually not as bad as described by others. It looked ok, only if you would open a drawer it would fall apart and so did the door handle from the bathroom. The bathroom itself was ok. The hotel does not get properly cleaned and I do not understand why. One night the glasses were replaced with dirty ones instead of clean ones. The pool area looks too shabby and so does the breakfast area. The breakfast was horrible I just had a piece of bread and left. The price is cheap but not cheaper than other hotels in the area like Days Inn which did look much better than the Golden Tulip. We ended up buying a day pass at the movenpick hotel for nearly 50 USD a person just to escape this hotel and we left Aqaba earlier than planned. The beds were very comfortable.

1 Thank Angel1977
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed 3 times in the past at this hotel, I see this hotel is going downhill, the location is OK with view of the city. However, the cleaning was horrible and really disgusting, I found a large yellow spots on the bed sheet and pillows, I called the front desk and they sent one of the housekeeper to inspect, he said he has to wash the sheet and bring it back next day, after some argument I got a different one, the pillow was too hard to sleep on, the bath room was dirty and a lot of hair in the sink as you see in the pictures, I spoke with the front desk clerk Ahmed but he was completely useless and unhelpful, I asked for the GM Awni Nobany many times even I called him and I left him a massage but I never heard back from him, the furniture very old. The room was stinky and smiley, the electric lamps in the room broken. The plates and cubs at the restaurant they were very dirty, I can’t understand how this nasty hotel rated 4 stars, in my opinion 1 star it’s enough. Bad value for the money. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank chicagokev69
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Golden Tulip and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The first room we stayed in was a little loud at night due its proximity to 'the main strip' but the owner was incredibly helpful and actually upgraded us free of charge to another room. Berenice beach resort highly recommended for a swim in the gulf!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple