Spent 2 nights here R&R after Petra. Rooms ok though a little outdated. We were there for Easter weekend so it was extremely busy. Nice little beach and a good collection of swimming pools which the kids loved. Breakfast buffet was good and plentiful, however the service in the Al Shatt Restaurant by the beach at lunchtime was horrendous. It has been a long time since I have had to spend 2 hours having a drink and a simple main course for lunch. The first time was Good Friday and there was a large influx of day guests so lunch took ages. The next day with fewer guests we thought we would give it another try, however, this was even longer. In the end as a way of an apology they didn't charge us for the meal but this is still not acceptable for a 4/5* hotel. The other disappointing element was the complete lack drinks or snack food service by the pools, first time ever in a hotel of this standard. Overall a lovely hotel with poor food and beverage service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the ancient trading centre of Aqaba. At the Mövenpick Resort Aqaba, on the shores of the Red Sea, business travellers can attend to business and also relax in a perfect cultural and culinary environment. With our Swiss hospitality we will fulfill all your wishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Prestigia, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Residence Aqaba
- Moevenpick Resort & Residence Aqaba Hotel Aqaba
- Moevenpick Hotel Residence Aqaba
- Movenpick Aqaba