My hubby and I recently stayed at the Movenpick for a few days before embarking on a tour of Jordan with On the Go and while no one can dispute that it is an expensive place to stay you also cannot dispute the quality of the place.
We were upgraded to a suite on arrival giving us a large bedroom with four poster style bed (one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on) plus a huge bathroom with fab walk-in shower and a lounge area with a second huge TV. The suite was fantastic and thanks to the hotel for the upgrade.
Facilities as you might expect are first class. The main part of the hotel is separated from the pool area and beach and, I assume apartments, by a main road but guests access this via a bridge link which spectacularly has a swimming pool on it giving great views of the surrounding mountains.
All pool areas are delgihtful and the landcaped grounds are lovely. The beach area is clean, sloping down to the sea, with I'm guessing imported sand as the local stuff isn't as powdery.
Staff are pleasant and smiley and very accommodating. We didn't dine in the restaurants but the included breakfast was wide ranging with something to suit all tastes, although it did seem like a bit of a free-for-all with so many guests at busy times.
The Movenpick is just out of downtown Aqaba, in what you might call the hotel zone but it is only a few minutes walk to shops and restaurants. There is an English bar, the Rovers Return, just down the road which has a great atmosphere and an international clientele.
Highly recommended if you have the cash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the ancient trading centre of Aqaba. At the Mövenpick Resort Aqaba, on the shores of the Red Sea, business travellers can attend to business and also relax in a perfect cultural and culinary environment. With our Swiss hospitality we will fulfill all your wishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Residence Aqaba
- Moevenpick Resort & Residence Aqaba Hotel Aqaba
- Moevenpick Hotel Residence Aqaba
- Movenpick Aqaba