“Professional diving center with an excellent team!”
Review of Sinai Divers Aqaba

Sinai Divers Aqaba
More attraction details
Owner description: Sinai Divers Aqaba is located directly on the beach of the 5 star Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba. Divers staying in other hotels will be picked up on a daily basis.The center offers all kind of diving and snorkeling activities: house reef diving, single dive trips by speedboat as well as full day trips on M.Y. Harmattan, the most comfortable and luxurious dive boat in Aqaba.The instructors teach the full range of diving education from Bubblemaker for the youngest to Dive Master Courses for the more experienced.Also non-divers have plenty to do, with boat cruises, jet-skis, banana boat, water ski, wake board, and the opportunity to dive the red sea without touching the water, on-board a semi-submersible.
Bern
“Professional diving center with an excellent team!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

After our tour through Jordan we spent one week diving with Sinai Divers in Aqaba. It was simply an awsome experience! The reefs were beautiful, with plenty of life and the dive spots were unspoiled. The Sinai Divers team was superb, very friendly and absolutely professional. We were diving the nice house reef, spent three days on the Harmattan, did some single boat dives and a night dive. Everything went very smoothly and was perfectly organized. Underwater we felt all the time very well guided and safe. We can nothing but absolutely recommend this diving center!

Thank you very much guys for the wonderful time! D & A

Visited August 2012
Sacha B, Manager at Sinai Divers Aqaba, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your praising review and for sharing your underwater photos with us!

San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Diving the Red Sea w/Sinai Divers @ Movenpick Aqaba”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Short Version:

Sinai Divers was GREAT!!! Their location was practically steps away from my room at the hotel and the (boat) dive sites were minutes away instead of "hours". It was my first time diving in the Red Sea and it was amazing - clear, warm, water with plenty of sea life and virtually no other divers around. They were very helpful in arranging everything prior to my visit. I ended up getting my Advanced Open Water Certification while I was there and my instructor, Paul Rose, was really great. I wish I had stayed longer to dive more.

More Detail:

I was trying to decide where to go on vacation - scuba trip or sight seeing trip - and had several destinations in mind. This was the best of both worlds - getting to dive in a top 10 location and seeing Jordan (Petra and Wadi Rum). Being able to do both sealed the deal.

I was booked to do A&K's Jordan: Ancient Strongholds & Desert Camps tour. I decided to dive before the tour rather than after so I could fly home right away and not have to worry about decompression sickness. Based on the A&K rep's recommendation, I chose to stay at Movenpick Tala Bay Aqaba and dive with Sinai Divers - they're located on the beach at the resort.

The resort is quite a ways from the city center but very close to the best dive sites. In the end that was the better choice as a dive like the Cedar Pride Wreck dive, for example, was around a 5 min boat ride from Sinai Divers vs. 55 min if I stayed in the city center.

In hindsight, I wish I had stayed longer to do more dives. Along with visiting Petra and Wadi Rum, diving the Red Sea was easily one of my favorite parts of the trip. Sinai Divers surely helped to make it such a wonderful, memorable experience.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank chaos888
Sacha B, Manager at Sinai Divers Aqaba, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for this detailed review and your compliments to our staff.
We are delighted to hear that diving with us was your favorite part of the trip.
Congratulations once again on your Advanced Open Water certification!
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect First Dive”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I can't think of a better set up to take a Discover Scuba Dive experience.

Firstly, Paul (our teacher) seemed to know intuitively what we needed from him. My son (10, brave and confident) was given some freedom to explore but always closely monitored. I (38, nervous but keen) needed my hand holding a lot more- literally at times- but Paul guided me through an amazing first dive experience.

Secondly, the setting couldn't have been more perfect. We walked a few steps onto the beach, into the sea, and within a couple of minutes we were seeing the most amazing sealife. Paul pointed out what we might otherwise have missed (stone fish, frog fish, lion fish and copulating octopuses!) but the variety of fish and the clarity of water was well beyond anything I'd expected from a first dive. We found Nemo too.

My partner, with 450+ dives under his belt, found plenty to entertain himself with at local sites.

I couldn't recommend them enough.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Jeni_Bee_73
, Manager at Sinai Divers Aqaba, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your recommendation! We are very glad to read you enjoyed your first diving experience with Paul. We hope to see you again in the future, maybe to complete your Open Water course.
holland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice and helpful staff”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Padi Dive center organises snorkeling and diving trips in front of Movenpick Tala Bay. Staff is helpful!

Visited May 2012
, Manager at Sinai Divers Aqaba, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your recommendation, we are glad that you are satisfied with our service and found our staff helpful.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Arrogant unhelpful staff”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I tried to book a sunset cruise but was told we didn't have enough people in our party (there were four of us) and since they need minimum of eight for the cruise to go ahead. No more info. Why are they even bothering to offer this as they turn everyone away who doesn't have 8 people in the party. From their attitude towards customers when i visited it seems they are only interested in diving customers even though they say they offer other water activities.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank shayat
Sacha B, Manager at Sinai Divers Aqaba, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for your review, we always appreciate customer feedback, especially from non-divers which are a big part of our happy clients.
I am sorry you could not experience the Sunset on-board Harmattan: our costs to run a 24m Yatch with 5 crew can't be covered with only 4 passengers.
Since we are always ready to please our customers whenever possible, we offered you to experience this trip privately for just a small surcharge (our cost price), which you were not willing to pay.
I personally believe that we have done our best to help and accommodate you, but I understand you feel we are Arrogant and unhelpful because we were not ready to offer you a private trip on our costs.
Since you did never join any of our activities and this is your first and only review on Tripadvisor, I feel like you are just trying to hurt our image, rather than helping other travelers with a sincere review about our services that you never tried.