“Everything you need!”
Review of Al Qidra Hotel

Al Qidra Hotel
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Aqaba
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been the perfect nights accommodation. Comfortable rooms, hot showers, free wifi (that works well), walking distance to shops and restaurants, friendly staff and even a welcome drink. If in Aqaba on your Jordanian travels have a look here!

• Stayed: January 2013
haitham n, Manager at Al Qidra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Sir
i am glad you like it here
and about the noise we are located in the best area in Aqaba and all the people come here specially at night and i can do nothing for this

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our family group of 5 including a toddler and infant, stayed here in mid January, 2013. Aqaba was a nice break from the cold and snow in Amman and other places. Al Qidra offered clean, affordable rooms in a central location. Parking spaces were available on the street in front of the hotel, which was convenient. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we loved the orange juice brought up to our rooms as soon as we settled in. We had a 2 room suite with a nice balcony accessible from both rooms. It was not quite warm enough to enjoy, but nice to have.

Breakfast was good. It was nice to be able to make coffee and tea in our room, although there were few outlets. Hot water in the bath was hit or miss. We got mostly lukewarm, which normally is not an issue, but after traveling for a few days in the colder weather, and not finding much hot water anywhere, were a bit disappointed. Our rooms faced the main street, but we didn't hear too much street noise. The staff was outgoing, friendly and answered our questions about Aqaba and helped us practice our Arabic, although most spoke very good English. This is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
haitham n, Manager at Al Qidra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Sir / madam
when i read review like yours its make me like my job more and more and i promise to fix the hot water its easy to fix

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We were a family of seven and two rooms. It was neat and clean. Bar fridge, hot water and had a physical key , which I have not seen in a while. Staff very friendly, breakfast great, went on a "yellow submarine" which staff assisted with .love where hotel is situated ,in walking distance from resturants and the markets. Will be back here soon! the Rykliff family, South Africa

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Sir / madam

thank you so much and i hope all my guest will like the hotel same you

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The staff of the Al-Qidra hotel was very nice to us. Our room was very clean and well maintained. The water temperature of the shower was lukewarm though, even when set at its maximum. But it was not too crucial as the outside temperature is generally warm in Aqaba. The breakfast room is a bit too dark and not welcoming enough, but again this was not very important to us. The Al-qidra hotel is definitely a good compromise for good but affordable places in Aqaba.
As a last comment, please do not go to the Fish-Fish restaurant if the Al-qidra hotel staff recommend it to you. The manager of this restaurant really tried to rip us off! He added non-ordered dishes to the bill and did not want to change its final price even after we complained...a very bad man.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Sir /Madam

i am so happy when someone talk about my hotel like you
about FISH-FISH restaurant i went there my self and i told them about what happen they start to tell my why and what happen so we don't recommended this restaurant we recommend (blue pay ) and captain restaurant

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great value for money, simple, a bit outdated, but clean rooms, decent breakfast, amazing, very helpful and friendly staff. Very good location and access to private beach (not too expensive, free shuttle bus). We have stayed in the end of December 2012 for 2 nights.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had no reservations, but just walked in off the street and were able to get a really good deal on 2 rooms. The front desk staff was very nice, very helpful, and spoke great english. We were a pretty high-maintenance group of four, but the staff was excellent. The bell hops/runners were great, very timely in getting our laundry back to us and super helpful all the way around.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in the end of November. I was looking for a clean room with a balcony, nice breakfast with hummus and veggies, hospitable friendly atmosphere with staff willing to help in case I needed it.. all this I got and more. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted with a smile and offered nice cup of cold juice, later, when hanging at the lobby checking my e-mails from the computer ( which they very kindly let me do in the evening allthough there was a 24/7 internet cafe accross the road) I was offered tea and had interesting conversations about life in Jordan with the staff. They also suggested some restaurants in the nearby streets, most likely for the very obvious reason of having deals with them, and as it was quite quiet and low season, most restaurants were nearly empty and I imagine, struggling for survival. I did not go to any of the places recommended because they were a little over my price scale as I had planned other money consuming plans for the trip.I ate at the chicken kebab food stalls that are around every corner and very hygienic. What I loved about the room was comfortable immaculately clean bed, hard stone floor and clean bathroom. The only negative thing was lack of pressure from the shower, that did not bother me though since I took the 10JD ( bus+entrance+towel) shuttlebus every morning to the Berenice Neach Club, a 10min drive from the hotel ( picks other guests from nearby hotels as well) and showered there before returning to the hotel, their showers rocked! :)This beach-shuttlebus was superb, just as the beach in itself, since there´s no way to swim in the public beaches, and the pricier hotels nearby ( Kempinski and Intercontinental) would charge around 40-50JD for the use of their beach! Even their guests would sometimes come to Berenice Beach, I guess it´s cleaner and more beautiful, as it´s located further away from the city. For me this was the perfect solution, all in all. The swimming in the see-through-water was the best ever! So many fish, just jump into the water from the peer! When I left the reception arranged a taxi to Wadi Rum for 35JD. Would recommend this hotel happily to anyone, considering the price/quality of hotels in the area, this was quite a bargain.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo