“Nice, but dives were short”

Jordan Diving Center
More attraction details
Owner description: JDC opened in April 2010 in partnership with Sindbad. Located in the town center close to the finest hotels, the marina and the best diving sites Aqaba has to offer! With a team of Jordanian, English, French and American instructors, JDC offers a friendly and welcoming environment for everyone. Excellent customer service and safety are our top priority. Our professional, friendly team will ensure that every customer has a great experience with us that is personalised just for their individual needs and preferences. With us you can experience diving for the first time, become a certified diver qualified to dive anywhere in the world, take your existing diving qualifications further, or stay on the surface snorkeling!
Barneveld, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice, but dives were short”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We did a introduction dive with Jordan Diving Center. I have had some dives before, but no certifications. Staff was very friendly, equipment was good. First dive was app. 30 minutes and I had to pay again for a second dive of 20 minutes. I thought it was strange so I asked my instructor why the dives were so short but did not get a clear answer. I actually felt a bit ripped off.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Rhinoseros

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving in Aqaba”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

If diving is your interest for visiting Aqaba this is the right direction based on my personal experience, I called Mr.Nabeel Aqrabawi "The owner of this diving center" and he was a really great guy helpful friendly, staff as will, any ways here is some point that's may helps you while visiting diving with this center..
1- Instructors are great so they will help you choosing diving spots.
2- Your diving equipments will be much preferable to use except "Tanks, Hard weights unless that you use soft weights".

Dive sites you need to visit:-
1- Cedar Pride (Wreck) depth 9-27 Meters.
2- Tramac Five (Wreck) depth 18-27 Meters.
3- Japanese Garden depth 6-30 Meters.
4- Tank (M42 Anti - Aircraft vehicle) depth 3-6 Meters.
5- Aquarium depth 12-40 Meters.
And your instructor may suggest more but don't forget to visit these sites because if you don't I know that you'll miss a lot.

Nabeel and his staff is really proficient and knows exactly how to touch you.

I wish a great experience as what I've got or better.

Visited September 2013
Amman, Jordan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Go Dive !!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

With Jordan diving center you will have a fantastic time and great experience ..
The diving was excellent, the diving instructors/masters (Nabeel and his team) extremely professional ,helpful and they make sure you are well taken care when you are diving ,,
Overall a brilliant experience and one that I would do again.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank blackirisadventures
Geneva
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Jordan has it all - diving, sightseeing, history, adventure ...”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nabeel and his team make diving in Aqaba a dream.
The facilities are great, the team super, and the dive sites are beautiful - and transport and easy access from Aqaba hotels means that you can combine diving for one or more members of the group with a day at the pool/beach/snorkelling for non-divers ...
There are two swimming pools, a private beach and jetty, a bar and restaurant and even a shaded toddlers' pool!
And look no further for advice or bookings for the nearby desert wonder at Wadi Rum or for accommodation and restaurants in Aqaba. Nabeel has the best deals!
Jordan Diving Center are the best!

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“great instructors and facilities”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I did my advanced with Jordan Dive Centre and my instructor, Aleks, was one of the best I've had: very patient with us, flexible with good teaching methods and great knowledge of the dive sites. I always felt very safe and well looked after. We did wreck dives, night dives (amazing!) and deep dives.
Also very convenient is that the dive centre is based next to the Berenice Beach Club in Aqaba which means there's a restaurant, a bar and a few swimming pool as well as a very nice private beach (nicer's than the Kempinski's beach) to complement the dive centre's showers and changing rooms.
Nabeel was also very kind to pick us up at our hotel every morning and also gave us good tips on where to eat and go out in Aqaba.

Visited November 2012