Stayed here before going to Petra and Wadi Rum for one night. After coming from Israel, where the hotels were far more expensive, we were surpised by this hotel. The property feels new and the rooms were really nice. On top of that, the service was pretty good as well. The only major issue we ran into was that the hotel has a strange policy of not allowing outside food or drink into the hotel. I bought some bottled water right across the street and one of the security guys wasn't going to let me bring the water into the hotel! Another security guy intervened and overuled the first guy. That was odd. Never have run into that policy before. Pros and Cons:
1. Really nice rooms for the money- Well appointed rooms and nice beds. Also nice to have the air conditioning work in the winter. Most hotels in the Middle East do not have working air conditioning systems in the winter. Was nice to be able to cool the room.
2. Solid breakfast- Pretty good breakfast spread
3. Good service except for the strange run-in with the security.
1. Location- Although the hotel is in the center of town and close to restaurants, there is alot of noise and traffic near the hotel. The property is not on the Red Sea, so it is not secluded like a few of the other resorts. You might want to stay somewhere else if you want quiet.
All in all a great hotel for the money. A pleasant surprise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- And don't forget to start the day right with our extensive DoubleTree Breakfast buffet. Grilled fish, beef or chicken lovers will feel at home in our Infinity Grill Terrace where guests are welcome to choose their fresh meal and our chef will personally cook it for them. Or, for a quick bite or casual meeting, stop by our Palm Court Cafe serving freshly brewed coffees and teas, homemade pastry and a wide selection of snacks. Infinity Chill Out, renowned for its scenic views over the Gulf of Aqaba, sip exotic cocktails and mocktails and energize with a snack by the pool while enjoying the music played by the in house DJ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Aqaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.