“Seastar was an experience I will never forget.”

SeaStar Water Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Seastar Water Sports is a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre offering all PADI courses from first time Discover Scuba Diving up to Instructor level. Including PADI TecRec, Trimix and Sidemount diving!! We speak English, Arabic, French, Spanish, Italian and Russian. Our Dive Centre at "Club Murjan" is located on the south beach with large pool, changing rooms, showers and restaurant/bar. We have 3 magnificent house reefs and offer daily snorkelling trips and guided dives by shore or boat to all the sites in the Aqaba Marine Park. We also provide free daily hotel transfers to all divers and snorkellers.
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
“Seastar was an experience I will never forget.”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I went to Seastar to do my DiveMaster certification internship and I had the time of my life there. I spent six months at Seastar and the entire staff from the Chef to the Manager were all so friendly and fun. The knowledge that each Instructor has was such a great resource to have, I could ask them anything about my studies and they would do whatever was necessary to help me understand it. My favorite part was when anyone came to do a Rescue Diver Course at the club the entire staff got involved. We had a mock "missing diver" scenario we had to conduct and we had waiters "calling 911" and DiveMasters prepping their gear to help search for the missing diver. It was just so much fun and such a great learning experience. I would recommend this Dive Center to anyone and everyone! Thanks Seastar you guys really are the best!!!

Visited May 2011

Seattle, Washington
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“They care”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Best parts were the staff and the dives. Great location and the head divemaster was very attentive to see that we were having a good time. At the time they had a young lady "Alex" who went with our middle school aged kids snorkeling while my wife and I dove. Alex was outstanding and our kids had a blast with her, she really put in the effort to help them out.
One very big negative I had was that the older gentleman who dove with me was the first one out of air, by quite a bit, so my dives were shortened. I don't expect to pay to have the staff shortening my dives. The club's food is nothing special and their staff is not as friendly as SeaStar's - they are separate business. I would dive again with SeaStar but I'd make sure I was with a different consumer of air! The equipment is well worn, but certainly in fine shape for diving. The dive sites were exceptional - I've dove Great Barrier reef, New Zealand, Thailand, Hawaii and the Pacific NW so I do have some to compare it to. Hopefully Jordan can improve upon picking up the trash around their beaches however.

Visited November 2011
Portland, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Seastar The Best Diving Experience”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I had a referal from my diving center in the United States, to be honest I was a bit specktical about continuing my Open Water dives in Aqaba so I made sure to visit several dive clubs in Aqaba personally before making a decision. The Seastar was the fourth dive center that I visited and I immidiately felt that I hit the Jackpot the place is like a diving heaven , very friendly and professional crew whom are running the place I compared their prices and rental gear with other Centers and I was impressed , on my dives I was accompanied by a Dive master and an instructor whom were very professional and patient with me they handled my anxieties like pros and I felt that my safety and the ability to perform the skills flawlessly was their top priority, I can not wait to go back next month before returning back to the United States .Thank you Thaer and David for a beautiful experience.
Mazen .

Visited November 2011
london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I dived at SeaStar at the end of October. My intention was to upgrade from Scuba Diver to Open Water Diver but in the end I decided not to sit the written exam because I was having so much fun. My instructor was Eva who was exuberant, patient and really good fun to dive with. I’m already planning my next trip down to SeaStar within the next few months to upgrade and I can’t wait to see the team again.

Visited October 2011
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Club Murjan - snorkelling morning trip from hotel in Aqaba”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I paid 16JD at the hotel for the bus trip, the snorkel equipment hire, and entrance to the club. The club also has a swimming pool and conducts diving courses.

The people at the club were very friendly and helpful. They had dive instructors from all over the world.

My impressions of the club facilities were that it was quite old, dusty, careworn, maybe just tired after a quiet summer. Take a padlock for the lockers if you have one, otherwise ask for one to borrow - I was kindly loaned one by the guys at Club Murjan.

I was issued my snorkel equipment and told where I should go to snorkel to see the reef. There was a very strong wind that day which made the sea quite wavy and pretty much blew you in one direction. After the reef the depth of the sea floor dropped quite a bit and I was fairly nervous. It was not a calm shallow sea for snorkeling, as I have experienced before. No questions were asked at all about my swimming ability (I can swim but haven't done so in sea like that before) or snorkelling experience (only done it once before a couple of years ago), no life-jacket was given to me (i had one issued to me on my only previous snorkelling experience so not sure if this is common practice or not).

There were plenty of locals swimming happily though, some other snorkelers. If you are female wear a t-shirt and shorts to avoid unwanted attention from local men. There was also the option to hire a wetsuit from the club, as with the wind it was fairly chilly out there (not free when I asked about it, as a previous reviewer said)

From my point of view, if you are a newbie at snorkeling and the day you have picked for it is quite windy, rather take a trip from Aqaba on a glass-bottomed boat! I didn’t spend much time in the water, and lazed by the pool at the club with a book .... at the end of the morning the staff realized this and kindly offered to go with me and show me the reef, but the bus for departure was due to arrive shortly (at noon) so I didn’t do this.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank stardustvoyager
Gillaqaba, General Manager at SeaStar Water Sports, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for your response. We are very sorry you had to visit us on a day with such bad weather. The majority of the time the water is perfect, even for beginners, but this is unfortunately the one thing we can't fix for you. If you had told said you were nervous we would have been more than happy to help you out and send some one to swim with you. It is not standard to hand out life jackets here, but again if you had requested one we could have provided you with one. I'm sorry you were not 100% satisfied, but hope that you will still return to us again when the weather is slightly better.