“Absolutely fantastic”

Red Sea Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Aqaba
Reviewed January 20, 2014

As an experienced traveller in Jordan, I was looking for something different than the typical chain hotel offering (Moevenpick, Intercon, Rad etc.).
The Red Sea Dive Center was absolutely fantastic for our 3 nights there.
The service was flawless. Unfortunately, I had written-off my hire car on the Kings Highway drive from Amman down to Aqaba. Rather than arriving at midday as planned, I arrived in my badly damaged car in the early hours of the next morning. The staff on duty did everything in their power to help with my car and liaise with the hire company. The hire company arrived with a replacement car that then did not start! The company rep couldn't care less and disappeared but the gardener, driver and staff of the Dive Center helped me get my car started. Hospitality at it's finest.
This was enough to win me over as a fan of the hotel. However, the cleanliness and finish of the room just took me over the edge. Very modern, spacious and secure. The pool was great for relaxation and a little pool volleyball.
I did not dive on this trip, I opted to snorkel instead. Equipment is available to hire at minimal cost. Kit is in good condition. Breakfast is on offer and was fine- a great way to start the day with a coffee.
Really laid back atmosphere, the staff all clearly consummate dive professionals with vast experience- I shall be back to dive in the near future.
One of my best ever experiences of the hospitality industry worldwide was with the Red Sea Dive Center- a complete credit to Jordan.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ukfowler
There are newer reviews for Red Sea Dive Center

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed 5 nights here. Diving was nice ,relaxed and safe.
Rooms are clean and spacious. There is also a nice pool for swimming. People are great, they helped a lot in giving advises, organizing excursions, giving recommendations.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Spend 9 days of diving and 2 days of cultural events (Petra and Wadi Rum). End to end was organised by the hotel and we were happily surprised by the service! If you like quit places not spoiled by mass-tourism, this is definitely a place to put on the radar. Seen the availability of shore-dives, a great place to spend some time diving! The diving staff definitely serves you a great diving experience.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Red Sea Dive Center, and eventhough we didn't dive with them, the boss had plenty of good advice for us. The room are new, clean and spacious. The cook was also very nice, and the food alright.
The hotel is not by the sea, but at a walkable distance of one of the best spots for snorkeling.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Red Sea Dive Center four nights and did six dives over three days. Rooms: clean, comfortable, spacious, quiet, hot water, satellite TV. Pool: nice place to relax after diving, free WiFi. Food: sandwiches are just okay, mains are delicious (we ate the mixed grill and grilled chicken), breakfast is Middle Eastern continental. Staff: Gia is super friendly! He helped us to our room and kept it clean during our stay. Diving staff is relaxed but efficient, helpful, and safe. My emails were always answered same day. They offered a set price with no hidden fees. They serve hot tea between dives, bring your own snacks. Diving: shore diving is great, lots of coral and small tropical fish, some interesting wrecks, not a lot of larger marine life, litter is a problem :( We deliberately chose Red Sea Dive Center to be close to the dive sites (as opposed to being located in downtown Aqaba) and for a quiet, relaxing experience. It is about a ten minute drive to town. The dive center is located on a hill away from the beach. Each site is about a five minute drive away. We only went to the beach to dive, but apparently they will drive you down there if you just want to relax on the beach. We had a great experience and definitely recommend Red Sea!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and highly recommend if you are a diver looking for a good budget option. My friend was really nervous as she hadn't dived for years, and staff were excellent, taking really good care of her. The pool is good for a dive place, and it's in a good location if you're looking to stay on the south coast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights. The people working there are nice, the hotel is very clean, cosy ,rooms are modern with nice shower rooms, TV and A/C. There were just a few people at the time, so we get a very good rest after travelling in Wadi Rum desert and Petra. The beach is a bit far away, but the hotel is far from noisy street. Just, local people are not very happy to see European women with our swimming costumes and they show it openly. I would feel not comfortably if I was there without my husband. They had some holiday on Friday, many local families spent weekend on the beach,and in the evening all the beach was covered by trash. Terrible. But this is not hotel problem.
Snorkling was just a pleasure, as many corals and different sea fish were very close to the beach.
If I ever come back to Jordan, I would stay in this hotel again with pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family