“Great food and company”

Ranked #10 of 98 Restaurants in Aqaba
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Best Chinese I've tasted for a long time. Staff are very friendly and service is 2nd to none. Centrally located, easy to get to and open for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Good food and reasonable prices. Unfortunately no outdoor seating which is nicer in Aqaba. Located in the center of the city and people staying in all city hotels can walk to it.

1  Thank RanaAmman
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This restaurant is owned and run by a small family, the husband and son manage the restaurant and the wife is the chef. Food is very good and we always enjoy the friendly service and atmosphere.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

It’s perfect. For my two months stay in Aqaba, I didn’t miss a single day to the restaurant (except 2 days invited to local friend’s home). I’m a Chinese, however to be frank, many dishes there are even better than most restaurants in China. From the basic sauces, pickled vegetables to any main dishes, they all surprised me with satisfaction. It’s really not easy to be that good since many of the raw materials and condiment are hard to get in Jordan. What’s more, the great hospitality from managers and staffs made me feel really home. For Chinese, he/she will undoubtedly fall in love with it once experienced. For non-Chinese, I do recommend you to come to enjoy the great food, hospitality and atmosphere in Formosa.

1  Thank Martin M
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Short:
No atmosphere, dirty tables and menus, tasteless food, very bad toilette conditions (no toilet paper, no soap, very dirty), bored stuff – no guests. It needs an immediate face lifting in every way!

Detailed:
The Restaurant is inside a Shopping mall. After getting there, I need to go to the bathroom. The waitress asked me to go outside. The Toilet was very bad, very dirty, no soap and no toilet paper. I went back to the Restaurant and complained about the situation and asked for toilet paper. The waitress said that the toilet belongs to the mall and gave me a few tissues from the tissue box on the table. I was already about to leave the restaurant but badly we staid. The Menu card was sticky and full of stains. We decided to get 2 soup and two main courses. 5 Minutes later came the first; another 5 minutes later came the second soup. The Beef wan tans inside the soup were ok but missed some salt, so I added some Sojasauce. The soup base was very boring so I didn’t eat it. My Wife’s soup, the house sociality, Formosa Soup, was only spice bat also without any taste. The crispy Beef was only Beef with Sweet & Sour Sauce but more or less ok, the Sizzling vegetables with tofu came also 5 minutes after the beef on a very hot pan. The iron-pan was so hot, the tofu was burned and black on the bottom side but at least the sauce with the vegetables was ok. So, after all a very bad experience.