“Good location, old hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of My Hotel

My Hotel
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Aqaba
Helsinki, Finland
“Good location, old hotel”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Very good location but the hotel is old and outdated. I had massive problems with the shower and bathroom, smelled really bad and they tried to fix it but it still smelled like... well, poo. Also my safe in the room did not work well and the doors to the closet were stuck half the time. No free wifi, a BIG minus for me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
FirasSaqer, Front Office Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
we are thank you for your review . and we hope that you well enjoy next time you stay in our hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for only 1 night although we could have stayed for longer. Upon arrival we were offered complimentary juice.

The hotel is in a great location around 7-10 minutes walk from the Red Sea and shops, restaurants and cafes. Rooms were cosy, bathroom was a good size, rooms were clean and airconditioning great. We had a mini bar and fridge in our room. The breakfast was very nice with quite a nice variety of traditional type offerings along with an egg chef. Great pool area on the roof overlooking the Red Sea and Israel with a large number of sunbeds, chairs, tables.

The staff were professional and very accommodating. There was a lovely licensed seafood restaurant (although not limited to seafood)next door and a liquor store across the road.

I do get rather annoyed when the hotel does not offer free Wi-Fi, rate was 2jod per hour.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Though we were there only one night, we found the room to be comfortable, clean, with a decent shower. Breakfast was good, and the location very central.

Roof top pool and terrace was a nice place to relax and have a drink.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
FirasSaqer, Front Office Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
thank you for choosing my hotel to stay in hope to see you next time.
Hampshire, England
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a very warm welcome even though we arrived mid-morning before the rooms were ready. We were allowed to use the rooftop pool changing area and generally made to feel at home. The rooms were excellent, a good size and very well furnished. Terrific location with good restaurants close by and only a short walk to the Corniche and shopping areas. Breakfast was good with omelette made to order and a good variety of other things. Al the staff were friendly. All in all a good hotel I wouldn't hesitate to visit again.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which I think was slightly larger than the others
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
FirasSaqer, Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
thank you for your nice talk about us and we hope to see you again .
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is reasonably priced and it is located close to many restaurants so you don't have to walk far to get a good meal. I had both dinner and breakfast at the hotel, but found the outside restaurants to be better.
The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: I would recommend eating outside the hotel unless dinner is included in your package. People with d...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
FirasSaqer, Front Office Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
thank you for choosing our hotel to stay in , and we are hoping to see you again
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at My Hotel for a week in March of 2014 and I really enjoyed my stay there! The staff is super friendly, the rooms are spacious (my room was practically the size of an apartment), and breakfast was superb with plenty of choices. Extra special thanks to the guys making omelets every morning! There are also excellent restaurants and nice little shops nearby. All in all, a fine hotel, especially if you're traveling on a budget.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Arto V
FirasSaqer, Front Office Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
We are happy that you like our hotel hope to see you next time
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Hotel is nice and clean, located close to center of town. Only issue is it is near a busy intersection, and none of the staff speak English. Not a deal-breaker though, would stay if in Aqaba again if traveling on a low budget.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo