“A decent simple hotel with central location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
My Hotel
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Aqaba
amman
“A decent simple hotel with central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent central location in Aqaba town. Facility and rooms are quite simple but very clean.
breakfast variety wasn't very appealing but the personalized omelete option made on spot for you was excellent. Everything worked fine in the room and bathroom. The reception, housekeeping and breakfast staff were extremely friendly!
As for the price, I think it is a bit overpriced, especially that you also need to pay beach entrance when you go to one of the good beach facilities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank terhaal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Amman, Jordan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was in Wadi Rum with a friend; we did a full moon night marathon and decided to have dinner in aqaba, which is around 1/2 hr away. after dinner and ll the running, we decided to spend the night. we saw this cozy hotel in a central location. it looked decent from the outside and the staff were friendly. furthermore, the rates with wallet-friendly as well...so we decided to spend the night and leave back to amman the next morning.

the rooms were clean, shower had an abundance of hot water, ned was comfy and the next morning's breakfast was more than what we could have asked for. I would def stay there again...especially that they have a special rate to use the InterCon's pool and beach for JD 15, which makes up for not being on the beach.

As for ratings, 5 star ratings r exclusive to hotels that rock my world...there's probably a handful of those worldwide (with all due respect to all hotels...i'm there there r a lot of ones that deserve the 5 star rating but i just can't afford to stay at every single one of them!). I was planing on giving them a rating of 4...which english means the hotel was very decent but it's not the banyan tree phuket...the reason i ended giving it 3 out of 5 is the paid internet...at this day and age paid internet is an insult (my opinion)...my neighborhood grocery store offers free wifi...i think they chaged 12 jd's a day for internet. thank god i had my 3g uop and running but still this is an issue i will keep raising until i get free internet at all hotels...i haven't seen a hotel charge for electricity or water...same should apply for internet...

again if u provide free internet, ur more likely to get better reviews (no doubt)...especially if ur home page is trip advisor for example (hint hint!)...u can easily ask ur customers to take a minute of their time to review the hotel...naturally this is skew all results positively right?

anyway...i did like the hotel...don't get me wrong...it's clean and convenient but i really wish they have free internet on my next visit...

thanx

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Yreka, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at My Hotel, arranged in advance by my Petra tour guide rather than having selected it myself.
The first point I would make is that Aqaba, Jordan is a nice city. Certainly as nice as Eilat, it's sister city in Israel where both border the north tip of the Red Sea.
My Hotel is a bit dark when entering the lobby, although the staff is very friendly. The rooms are not much to speak of, beds are a bit too firm, and again pretty dimly lit but a good choice of t.v. channels. Views were only of other hotel rooms.
High points were that both the dinner and breakfast were included. The buffet breakfast in particular was quite elaborate for a small hotel, and there are nice views from the restaurant across Aqaba.
Now while only ranking it 3 stars, I would rank the price/performance much higher, as hotels in Aqaba are probably 1/2 to 1/3rd the price of similar hotels in Eilat.
In addition, the border crossing from Israel to Jordan is very efficient ($30 to leave Israel, $10 to leave Jordan on return) and almost empty (especially in off season and with tourism down currently) so just avoid early entry when day tourists are headed to Petra.
Finally, Jordan is a very nice and safe country, especially in the south and tourists should not feel intimidated from visiting Petra and other wonderful sites, or just Aqaba, to spend a few days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sfpedel
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The lack of imagination the owner used when naming the hotel (i.e. his or her eureka moment coming immediately after simply asking someone what "My Hotel" should be called) should not put you off this hotel that is in a very good location, is extremely modern, clinically clean and has a pool area on the roof overlooking the Red Sea. It was also great value at around 60JD a night.

We had absolutely no regrets about staying at My Hotel for three nights as part of our trip around Jordan. The service is friendly and efficient and the spacious and well fitted out rooms are just what you want after a hot day by the pool or the sea.

An added bonus (although this may have been temporary, I do not know) was that My Hotel offers, for 15JD each, a day pass at the large and relaxing Intercontinental hotel's private beach, which included shaded sun loungers and beach towels. Without this offer we found it hard to find an inviting beach along the coast for that sort of price, so it is a good deal.

I have given this hotel 4 stars simply as my 5 stars are reserved for unforgettable hotels - it maybe wasn't that, but you will not regret booking here.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, which was huge
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelranger123
FirasSaqer, Front Office Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments! and we are so glad when you choosing our hotel to stay in we hope to see you again.
Victoria, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

My Hotel in Aqaba is such a special place. The location is perfect! You are walking distance to everything, even the beach. It is also easy to take a shuttle and pay a small fee to go to one of the resorts on the Red Sea and enjoy those beaches. Many good not exspensive restaurants to walk to. The area has charm with many camels walking on the streets with their owners. There is grocery stores around the corner. The staff are all wonderful and speak good English. The roof top pool was very clean and a nice place to relax with great views of the ocean. I was able to get a good nights sleep. I like that the room had tile floors with no carpet. That makes a much cleaner living space in a hotel room. I was able to even watch CNN. Overall my room was very clean and the bed comfortable. I must also mention the amazing breakfast! So many choices to choose from. Even fresh eggs made how you like them right in front of you. My Hotel is truly a gem! I will one day come back. Thank you My Hotel, from Nicole Stein Victora BC

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank luccidream
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad that you had love our hotel . We look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Kouvola, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Clean, big rooms, nice staff, good location.
Cleaners made amazing art from towels every day.
Good breakfast, you can choose ingredients in your omelette, and then “ omelette-man” bake it. Small pool at rooftop.
No beach nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are glad that you had time to write this nice and good review about the hotel .
Gezer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The room was large and very comfortable. The breakfast was ok, and the staff were friendly. Nice location. The small swimming pool on the roof was deserted both times I went for a dip, and enjoyed having the place to myself. I would definitely recommend this hotel for travelers who don't require the luxury of one of the fancy large hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple