“best value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Aqaba
Chicago, Illinois
“best value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

MY Hotel is one of the best value for money places I have ever stayed in. Nothing fancy but everything you need.
Great AC, great water pressure, nice hot water, Good location near restaurants and shops, pool on roof, breakfast included, ample parking in front of hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very central location, next door to a lovely fish restaurant and a duty free booze shop! Lots of bars close to hand and walking distance to the harbour for diving and boat cruises!

The hotel charges quite a lot for wifi which is a downside :-(

The beds and rooms were big and comfortable and the hotel has a lovely rooftop pool and terrace. The hotel doesn't serve alcohol, but they seemed happy for us to buy our own and drink it on the terrace.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Afw1980
Aqaba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Friendly staff, large rooms, close to car rentals and city center, pool on roof. Strongly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed at My Hotel for one night as a stop over before heading to Wadi Rum.

The hotel is well located - near to shops and restaurants (Blue Bay) in a busy and safe area. Aqaba is pretty small and easy to walk around, so I guess you could struggle to find a badly located hotel.

The room was big and clean - a little lacking in any character but fine for one night. The bathroom again was clean.

There was a very good selection of food at breakfast - the standard cold meats ad cheese, yoghurt, fruits and hot food.

My main criticism of this hotel is the quote we had for a taxi to Wadi Rum - 50JD. We knew this was totally overpriced and had this confirmed to us when a local taxi took us for 20JD.

Overall, a fine hotel in expensive Aqaba, just don't use their taxi service.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

We asked for a twin and it said we would have a panoramic sea view plus a seating area. We were given a small twin room with neither of these. When we complained the receptionist argued withbus and then called his manager and neither would budge. Eventually we were offered a king bed room with a sitting area which had a sofa bed. Now that was a nice room. But for me the service had already spoilt the experience.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
nyc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

My hotel was a pleasant surprise. Upon arrival we received a variety of juices which were very good. The rooms were nice but had ugly views of the parking lot. The location was decent, short walk to the beach. The breakfast was very nice. The hotel also sold guest passes to a much nicer hotel, the intercontinental, which had an awesome pool and private beach and even workout classes. The rooms were decent and very quiet. A nice place to stay for the $.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank gijadenyc
Vaasa, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I had a very spacious room that was comfortable and clean. The rooms and bathrooms are basic as the public facilities of the hotel, but if you mainly use the hotel to sleep and have a shower I can really recommend this one as you get value for money.

The location is great as it is right in the city center and everything is within 10 minutes walking distance. If you dont wanna walk you can get a taxi just outside that will cost you only 1 dinar. Although it is in the city center, I was never disturbed by traffic or noise in the night. The streets are quiet from about 11pm to 7am.

The hotel staff is very polite and helpful and I find the cleaning staff reliable as I kept some valuables in my room but they were never touched. There is a minibar in the room and possible to keep some own drinks and food in the fridge. Some of the hotels wont let you bring your own food to the hotel but at My Hotel it was never an issue.

I spent a week at this hotel and will defenitely stay here again, if I go back to Aqaba. I had a very good time in Jordan and as a young single female traveller I can assure it is really safe.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo