“Great family resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Aqaba
“Great family resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Been there for the second time, with the family, and we just love the place, the workers, the food, the pools and all the facilities.
Its a bit far from the city, and its pretty isolated, but u dont need to leave the hotel, u have evrything on site.
Would re visit again shortly

Room Tip: ask for a pool view , its always cooler than a parking lot view
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Djaradat, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
It was a pleasure reading your positive review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.
Dima Jaradat, PR & Communications Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The stay with family was extremely great and fun. Family rooms are perfect for family with 2 kids . Service is great with great team that makes things happen. The restaurant by the pool Sejan has a great manager (Firas Darras) that welcomes with great spirit and always helps to make everyone satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank TareqKayyali
Djaradat, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and in particular your comments about our employee Firas. Your kind words are much appreciated and they will be passed on to his attention to encourage him to keep up his good work. We are looking forward to your next visit.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Towels: Housekeeping took towels when they cleaned the room at noon, and forgot to put any back. I can accept that. People do make mistakes. I asked for towels as soon as I returned to the room at 6:30, they took 2 hours to come, that I do not accept. That only happened after 4 phonecalls, and a trip to the lobby to see the manager and the receptionists. All while repeating that I do not have ANY towels at the room. Imagine this big waste of time. And yeah, I practically begged the guy handing the towels to give me 3 but he hardly believed me before I invited him to come inside, as we didn't have any towels in the first place!

Shuttle Bus: You will get physically assaulted by many of the low-class guests at the hotel. You come ahead of everybody (30 minutes earlier), get pushed savagely and then get going back to the lobby.

Taxi cab and car rental office (Avis): Since you are in Tala Bay and stranded far away from the city center (where all the restaurants and shops are), you would expect the hotel to provide more than one shuttle bus or at least put a queue to ensure that people who come early can find a spot, but no. So you head to the taxi office, find it empty and keep finding it empty for the next 2 hours. And just like that, you waste another 2 hours in the lobby plus the time you wasted waiting for the bus. What kind of hotel cannot offer a single mode of transportation, ESPECIALLY that you are stranded in the middle of nowhere and unable to get a taxi cab by yourself. Is this 5 stars? You tell me. After all this waste of time, the hotel didn't even offer to pay for the cab, even though I would have totally said NO.

General Manager: Since we saw a couple of managers before, we understood that Mr.Peter, the general manager, will be meeting us tomorrow. The next day, we unfortunately got brushed off and were told that the General Manager was busy. He was just passing by every moment, standing there and not busy at all. He was also looking us in the eye. I mean who do you think you are? We are a group of doctors but unlike you, we would not refuse seeing anybody anytime. You do your job and treat everybody with respect and dignity. After an hour and a half waiting, a blonde lady came and took all my notes. She was very polite, which surprised me as I have had many troubles at that point. Anyway, she offered me a late checkout. My friends thought it was a good gesture from the hotel. I, on the other hand, expect a 5 star treatment and full respect. I felt that staff at the hotel were faking the politeness. I could swear that the housekeeping assistant manager said a very impolite word about me in a very low voice as he was passing by. I probably caused him too much trouble... The blonde lady mentioned that I would get a business card at the checkout. I did not get any.

Facilities: They are awesome. You will have tons of fun at the pool and Jacuzzi. The beach is not very clean and needs some work. I haven't tried the spa. The beach bar is cool and the Asian lady there is very kind and polite.

Food: Breakfast is good. It is extensive, but they need to work on refilling items that have run out. Sometimes, they don't or take too long. Be sure to come as early as possible.

At last, I want to state that I take full ethical and legal responsibility for this review.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Yanal H
Thank you for your detailed review ,and It is always rewarding to see that out attention to details is recognized and it gives us the confirmation that this is appreciated by our customers. We hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.
Dima Jaradat, PR & Communications Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Amazing family friendly resort, cozy rooms with amazing sea views, best pools in Aqaba, very nice kids club, great beach with volley ball and football sandy fields, and so many dining options.

Faisal Alhijawi

Room Tip: go for the deluxe room with sea view !
1 Thank Faisal A
Djaradat, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review of our resort. It is a pleasure reading your positive feedback and we are happy that you have enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is the second visit to this hotel. Been here last year and again this year in August 2013. The hotel is excellent. Service is exceptional. The people in Sijan restaurant are great. Peter, Alfredo and Joice are just the right people to serve you there. Attentive prompt and always smiling.

Firas Daraz added extra pleasure to our stay as well. All these people came out of their way just to make our stay comfortable and pleasurable.

The swimming pools are nice, beach clean and close, and the activities are plenty.

Will for sure come again soon.

Room Tip: If possible select lower level rooms. Their balconies have direct access to the pools
1 Thank Ktabbalat
We do appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. Thank you very much indeed for the positive comments on our property and in particular your kind words about our employees. We hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went to this resort for four days three nights and i was sooo excited to go there but unfortunately i was really disappointed....The resort is very nice looking but the first thing that surprised me and my friend is "the pool view" that we reserved for our room a couple of weeks earlier which was anything but a pool view, the beds were really comfortable but the fridge,TV, Bathroom Light were all not working...I did not say anything at first and was not bothered by anything since i was there for relaxation even when i asked the housekeeping to give us extra towels and indicated that she cannot...They have a free shuttle bus (Tala bay-Aqaba) and we decided to use it so we called the Operator to ask for its times and she gave us all wrong times and went there an hour earlier...the bus was first come first serve, i was " the first who came" but did not get the chance to go on the bus since there is no organisation at all for it. I went to the front desk and complained about all of what happened but their reply was that the shuttle bus is complimentary and then they made calls to fix the room (which i found out later that they pretended to call maintenance and did not really call them from the maintenance guy himself!!!) Finally, they called the Manager Silvia to see me but she went out side saying to the employee in a rude way:"what's wrong i am busy i have a meeting" and went back inside without even looking me in the eye!!! so we took a taxi to Aqaba and when we went back to our room, we found out that they did not do anything to it.the Next day we went to the spa which was amazing and we enjoyed a lot..To sum it up this resort is over-priced & highly over-rated and i will not go there again..I hope this goes out to the people who are concerned..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Nour K
Djaradat, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on our property. We noticed that you were not satisfied with the service you received and while this is of course regrettable. We do apologize for any inconvenience. We are looking forward welcoming you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Simply I love Movenpick Resort and spa Tala Bay so much, grate rooms, services ficlities and food. everytime i visit Movenpick Resort and spa Tala Bay i become satisfied, and they make me happy, simply Movenpick Resort and spa Tala Bay is the best resort in the read sea.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends